physicalgraph.zigbee.clusters.iaszone.ZoneStatus (Bosch Motion ISW-ZPR1-WP13)

you can force it out of pairing mode by opening the case and closing it again. Hubitat shows it in debug statements but the motion doesn’t register. There is a different DTH out there I saw on the Amazon user comments that I might try.

Which one is that?

Look here:

Don’t waste your time on this sensor ATM, there’s a few bits (bugs) on the zigbee side that we need to sort out.
I’m about half way though it now.

3 Likes

I have tried this DTH as well. Oh the joys. :slight_smile:

Any ideas when we might see progress towards a fix? This is holding me up from doing anything more than a single switch. The entire house is outfitted with Bosch sensors and motion control lighting.

Thanks @mike.maxwell for working on it. Look forward to your fix. Fortunately for me I only have 3 of these that I can keep in the ST side for now. I have a boat load of Ecolink ZWave motion sensors that I hope do work. Has anyone tried those?

Ecolink PIR motions are listed here:

Can you elaborate on what ZigBee bugs are still being worked out?

I’m asking from the perspective of porting device drivers for a good number of other ZigBee devices.

It’ll be fixed by the time you get to writing drivers.
Just some ZDP anomalies with zigbee devices using primary endpoints other than 1

Good to know, because most of the devices are Xiaomi sensors, and a fair number of them send certain reports using other endpoints.

Sorry if it's off-topic, but is there a certain "place" in the forums where technical information on the ZigBee API is being collected, or discussed? A quick search of the keyword "zigbee" turned up precious little information.

If you understand how zigbee works you shouldn’t have any problems writing drivers over here.

Only just starting, but I can read the publicly available reference. I have no idea how the ZigBee calls in Groovy differ from that in ST. For example with this ZigBee Bosch PIR sensor (of which I have 3), it has IAS capability but is all of that completely unparsed with the Hubitat? Or do the device drivers need code that handles the pairing process? This is what I mean. Some kind of reference of what we have to work with in Groovy.

I could look at ST's earlier implementations in ZigBee handling and keep hacking away at it to see what calls work on the Hubitat, but why do that when it's already known. Even access to already written device drivers would help.

I only just started picking up Groovy 3 months ago, and the last programming I did was machine language on an Apple //c. This thing is such a black box as far as I'm concerned, without any reference or documentation.

the platform bug fix and a built in driver will be in the next release

1 Like

Not sure if you ever got this working, but I paired this yesterday and works well, four of them.

I'm just using the modified device handler from ST. Let me know if you want it.

Yeah, it's sitting in my driveway, mounted on a fence, in the rain, and doing what it's supposed to do, using the built in driver.

I am using the built in driver which works awesome!

1 Like

What, there's a built in driver? Huh. Might change it now.

So much better to use the native drivers. :slight_smile:

Anyone know if ISC-BPR2-W12 will work too? It’s the blue version of this.