Physical remote for lights / dimming / scenes

Hello all, I know this comes up from time to time - I’ve had good success using the Hue circular dial as well as the hue dimmer with the 4 buttons this type of thing - I’m looking for a HANDHELD remote control - as the dial is only really usable if it’s mounted on something

Looking for a more traditional remote that integrates nicely with Hubitat - thanks

If you have (or want) Lutron, the Pico Remotes are great--cheap (once you get past the startup cost of the Lutron system...), fast, reliable, etc.

But besides that, maybe the Zooz ZEN37 or Zooz ZEN34, with me leaning towards the former if you're mostly using it handheld since it will be easier to tell when it's not upside-down (either can also be wall-mounted but are easy to remove from the magnetic mount). There are also a few other single- or multi-button Z-Wave and Zigbee remotes, depending on what form factor you're looking for.

Something harmony size - perhaps even something with traditional remote buttons like play/pause/next

Want to use it to control lights via hubitat as well as Sonos via hubitat

Thanks

This also looks interesting potentially

IKEA Sound Remote Gen2 has plenty of buttons to cover your scenarios. It doesn't have the formfactor you want though.

Some brave soul needs to buy the Tuya WIFI Smart ...... and the a Tuya ZigBee gateway and see what it can do.

I bought a $9 Tuya zigbee gateway for some buttons hubitat doesn’t like - it’s very basic but can be used to trigger scenes from these buttons defined via the app - it also makes the buttons visible in hubitat and seems to work - but this wifi remote isn’t on the list of supported devices for that IOT driver - might take the plunge not sure

1 Like

Is this achieved via the Tuya Cloud Driver ?

BTW, the knob from the picture above should be supported for direct connection to Hubitat via the Tuya Scene Switch TS004F driver ?

Oh could be I had another knob I could never get to pair so I tried them both with the gateway just to test - I ordered that WiFi remote will see how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes using the cloud driver

1 Like

Yeah I’m probably going to dig up my harmony stuff and see if it’s useful

Just got one of these at Ikea because it was half price in the bargain area. Takes AAA batteries, which is a plus in my book.

1 Like

FYI: Decided to try the Tuya Physical Remote