Phillips Hue Status

Yep that sorted the problem! Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

If an ip address change was the problem, you should setup a dhcp reservation for your hue hub on your router. Otherwise this will happen again the next time your hub gets a new IP address.

1 Like

I don't really no how to do that, but sounds look a good idea! I will do some digging this weekend and try to set it up. Thanks for the tip!

Any idea for my hue bridge getting offline after 12 minutes? Hue bridge is using fixed IP address reserved by DHCP.

Does it work or not?

it works. when I go to hue apps to re-link with hue bridge, it shows online again.. but 12 mins later, it is offline. all bulbs are working fine.

I guess it is because yesterday I changed name for one of my bulbs and refreshed through Hue app for the name change on the device list.. before that, I have never seen this issue..

Sorry to bump an old thread but has there been any update in the last 4 months on this?

I'm considering a move from ST but I currently use ST and Hue B Smart to drive most of my lighting automation through Hue bridge scenes as I can set transition times and get uniformity across bulbs, even across rooms. So this is a pretty important platform feature to me; a show stopper on migrating platforms. I don't care to create/modify Hue scenes but at least need to be able to invoke them.

I have near a dozen Android apps that are able to read/modify and use the bridge scenes (several free) so seems like this should not be a huge endeavor. The docs only indicate support for groups.

Any status? eta? hope?

Hue B Smart has been ported (unofficially) to Hubitat: [PORT] Hue B Smart [Updated 22/11/2018]

I haven't used it since the stock integration does almost everything I want--but like you, I'd also like access to Hue scenes. I don't want to risk running custom code over that, but from that thread, it looks like most people have had good experiences. I'd almost like a stripped down version that just did scenes (or maybe I could do that myself?), but I'm making due with Hubitat scenes and Hue-paired devices with Hue scenes for now (plus automation that usually means I don't need to worry about any of this at all).

Hey thanks for the timely info! I ran a few google and forum searches and didn't catch that port and it's really good to know it's out there. I read through it; seemingly workable. Looks like there's a ported Home Assistant MQTT broker too. About to build up a Pi for it and trying to figure out what comes next and if ST will be part of it.

I'm really amazed how crude all this home automation stuff still is. Joe consumer is way over their head much beyond Alexa turn on the light. I'm waiting (well dreaming) for a system with polished web and mobile interfaces and a Node Red like rule experience. Built with non-ported-hack-to-begin-with drivers and all with an internal radios and no fricken dongles making them awkward to mount and subject to whims of felines looking to bring down the house. My DIY rate ~5-10 years, industry like 10-20+. I'll be handing this project (and my house) down to my son lol.

Sort of--there's an "MQTT Bridge" Hubitat app (also a port of the ST original), which also requires an MQTT bridge application ("real"/node.js app) running on a server, in addition to the actual MQTT broker (which you can run on the same server, a different server, or use the one built in to Home Assistant if that works for you). But the Hubitat app itself is not a broker. There's also nothing Home-Assistant–specific about it, though that does seem to be a common use case since Home Assistant has built-in MQTT publishing and subscription capabilities.

If internal radios are important to you, rumor (and CES photos) has it that the next revision of the Hubitat hub will have them, though no significant spec changes are expected.

Stringify is probably close to what you're asking for, though it's cloud-dependent. There are also other "easy" things like IFTTT and Alexa routines that probably have a similar goal but really only allow fairly simple automations and, of course, are also cloud-dependent. A common saying is that in software UIs, there is a tradeoff between power and ease of use, so on the "powerful" side we've got things like webCoRE and Rule Machine, and on the "easy" side we get things like IFTTT. (For some reason, in the smart home field, there also tends to be a dichotomy between "local and simple" vs "cloud-based and powerful," even when "cloud power" is by no means needed. That's one of my favorite things about Hubitat: custom code, as powerful as you want it to be, runs locally.) NodeRed looks neat and I've seen screenshots but never tried in person. It seems to be a good compromise. I have tried PLEG on Vera, which I was told was also supposed to be a good compromise between these two (a suggested alternative to webCoRE for ST ex-pats like me), but I was not able to make anything useful out of it.

But now I'm getting distracted. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.