Phillips Hue Status

There is a typo in the Hue setup wizard

"Let's discover your bulbs. If you don't see any bulbs listed or have recently added a bulb, click the "Refresh Bulb Discovery" Button below. Once you have bulbs listed, select the bulbs you'd like to add. Click Done or Find Groups if you want to

any any Groups/ Rooms of Bulbs."

1 Like

I just updated to 706 and had a bit of trouble getting the Hue integration app installed. At various points during the setup process, the app would automatically refresh the page, and Iā€™d end up seeing a 404 page for the /installed/app path. Then Iā€™d have to go back to the Apps page and start adding the app again.

I did finally manage to get through the initial install process by skipping adding bulbs or groups (basically running through the process before a page refresh happened). Once the app was installed and showing up in the apps list, I could go back into it and add bulbs and groups.

I have these 404s too, and havenā€™t yet managed to complete the wizard because of them.

Got thereā€¦ the 404 after the ā€˜press Hue buttonā€™ message was the most troublesome.

Thanks for the report of the 404 errors. This was never encountered in testing. Can you provide any other details, like OS / Browser and if you had any other pages open at the time? If you can reproduce, was there anything showing up in live logging?

I was using Safari 11.0.3 on a MacBook running macOS 10.13.13. I had other browser windows and tabs open, but I believe Hubitat was only open in one. I have several extensions running (Stylish, Evernote, 1Password, Amazon Assistant), along with a Ka-block.

The 404 issue was happening consistently until I managed to get through the initial app install process, then it hasnā€™t happened since.

Much the same except Safari on iPad iOS. The first one appeared immediately after I selected a hub and was asked to press the hub button.

Nothing useful in log I donā€™t think.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had lots of things in the UI not work with Safari. I can start a new thread for Safari issues if anyone wants me to.

I just started using Chrome on my Mac.

1 Like

Feel free to pm me anything you find.

I havenā€™t noticed many Hubitat issues with Safari, other than this and the one about time entry. But I havenā€™t used it in Chrome, either, so maybe Iā€™ve been missing out. :slight_smile:

Time entry should be fixed in latest update.

Yeah, I meant Iā€™d seen the issue before. I havenā€™t tried time entry for anything today.

1 Like

I too have started using Chrome on Mac as the UI is Safari is sub-optimal. Most issues with Safari UI seems to still center around two main themes and I apologize for the lack of specifics:

1. Safari seems to cache the hubitat hub frequently. For example, if you create a new rule using RM and hit ā€˜Doneā€™ the rule will not appear in Safari, however the rule appears in Chrome or will appear in Safari if you clear the cache which is less than convenient; and

2. When using apps that require a start end time (ie. turn on the light at 7:00 a.m.), setting the time in Safari usually does not work meaning you can select 7:00 a.m. but the time will not input leaving the user unable to finalize the rule/trigger/condition.

These are just a few of the Safari issues, but by no means a deal breaker as Chrome has no issues. Of course, it makes it a bit more difficult to use hubitat on an iPad.

Iā€™ve sent you a list. :slight_smile:

Yes, that seems to be working properly now for me.

Interesting. I don't think I've seen that issue on my MacBook or iPad.

Does the hue integration work with the dashboard? As I am playing around with the dashboard and lights from Sengled work when I click the on/off icon but none of the hue lights do.

I can see the actions coming through on the Device Events tab but nothing is happening. When I give the voice command no action is recorded there however.

Doesn't sound like a dashboard issue. Can you control any of the hue lights from within the hub admin UI? Did the hue bridge ip address change?

Yeah so it's not a problem with the dashboard as I can turn on and off the sengled lights via the admin UI but no go for the Hue lights. The event fires in the events list but just no change in the light.

On the device page for the bridge it says " * status : Offline" but it is on and working as works fine with the Hue app.

Try going into the Hue App in Apps and see if it rediscovers the hub. Sounds like your IP address might have changed.

Alright will give that a crack when I get home.