Phillips Hue Motion Sensor Gen 2 Compatability?

well i was wrong, i only have the older model.
Well heck now im confused, i think it is the newer version, though it does have a pinhole on the back, will include and check the model number...
It's an 001, the older model.

I may be wrong about only 003 having the raised button -- now I'm not able to find a definitive source to confirm that.

Though I do have some zigbee-network wrinkles right now with other devices (ala what Tony has posted about recently), my 2 directly-paired Hue indoor sensors have come through my C7-C8 migration fine -- I've had zero issues with either one during or post-migration.

One is an old 001 I've had for forever, and one is a new 003 I got late last year.

i ordered the new one along with some little wall button rotating thingy...
directly from philips so it will be the latest one

My older version indoor sensor came through the C7->C8 migration just fine. I just can't get the new sensors to pair and work correctly.

Thanks for looking into this Mike,

Sorry I havenโ€™t checked back in here. I was able to finally get it to connect and report correctly. Similar to the Ikea Sound Controller, I had to pair it a second time without deleting it. So, reset 003, pair to HE, then go back to pair to HE again, it will say device previously found but just let the timer run out, from there, it should be functioning and reporting correctly.

Let me know if that works for you.

No, I tried that but it did not work.

I have installed each of the new firmware versions over the last few days that have fixes for the zigbee Initializing issue but it did not help. I still can't get these to pair.

@mike.maxwell is the driver for the SML004 outdoor motion now in Hubitat ?
Thanks

It should be, that was so last month...

3 Likes

I'll add another data point in case it helps someone:

I bought a Philips Hue motion sensor on Amazon, model SML003. It works correctly with the Hue hub, but with Hubitat, although it paired quickly, it didn't update after the initial reading. I tried the second pairing that others have described, but it still didn't work. I also tried factory resetting.

What worked for me, though, after reading some of the posts above, is this:

1. Do a factory reset.
  2. Pair in Hubitat.
  3. Immediately do a second pairing.
  4. When it says it has found a previously paired device, don't click on the link. Instead, let the pairing timer run out.

I'm not sure this is what made it successful, but #4 was the main difference from my earlier failed attempts.

I have two of the newer SML003s from Amazon and they only work on high sensitivity and ignore the Hubitat sensitivity levels.

I can't imagine the neighbors are too happy with every little squirrel and rabbit setting off the motions all night.

Any idea when we'll get an updated driver?

1 Like