Phillips Hue Motion Sensor Gen 2 Compatability?

Understand, but the ST driver developer doesn't have the "structure of the sensitivity packet" of the newer models. Figured if he could see it in groovy here, he could replicate for smartthings driver.

I should have been clearer, not that i would share this code anyway, but for sure not going to share it to help an ST driver...

2 Likes

Okay. I can respect that obviously.

1 Like

Did you ever get this resolved? I just bought two of these and have the exact same issue on a brand new C8 hub. Won't pair, then will pair but no reporting other than the initial state.

can you post a screen shot of the data section of the driver?, specifically looking for the model number.

Sure can:

I had deleted the sensor to try and re-pair it yesterday but it took until this afternoon to get it to pair. I tried many times. The sensor is 2 inches away from the hub.

Things I have tried:

• Factory reset the sensor (many, many times)
  • Removed the batteries from the sensor and let it sit for 2 hours
  • Installed tested, fresh batteries in the sensor
  • Paired the Hue sensor to the Hue Bridge (both pair easily and perfectly), left overnight for firmware update.
  • Unpaired from Hue Hub, factory reset multiple times.
  • Rebooted the hub
  • Shutdown the hub and unplugged it for 30 min
  • Updated the firmware on the hub (currently 2.3.5.105)

Once finally paired to the Hubitat hub (but not working or reporting in), tried re-paring without deleting it or unpairing first. The hub occasionally finds it as a device previously paired but still does not work,

I notice that the sensor seems to time out while pairing. When factory reset and in pairing mode the LED blinks orange. When the hub eventually (after many tries) finds the sensor, it will blink one long green then stop blinking. At this point Hubitat reports that it is "initializing the device". It seems to just hang there and after about 10-20 seconds the Hue sensor flashes the factory reset sequence (fast green/red blinks three times) and goes back to blinking orange. The pairing then fails.

It's almost like the hub finds it, starts initializing but takes so long that the Hue sensor gives up.

This is the newest version of the Hue sensor with the raised button on the back. Bought two direct from Amazon a few days ago, neither will pair and work with Hubitat.

thanks, this is one of the newer ones, which fortunately I have, so can test.

Thanks Mike!

As far as I can tell there are two versions of SML003. One has a raised reset button on the back(newest version), the other is in a hole and requires a pin to push. Which do you have?

I'm pretty sure all 003 have the raised button, and 002/001 all have the recessed pin-hole reset. That was one of the differentiators of 003 vs earlier models.

1 Like

well i was wrong, i only have the older model.
Well heck now im confused, i think it is the newer version, though it does have a pinhole on the back, will include and check the model number...
It's an 001, the older model.

I may be wrong about only 003 having the raised button -- now I'm not able to find a definitive source to confirm that.

Though I do have some zigbee-network wrinkles right now with other devices (ala what Tony has posted about recently), my 2 directly-paired Hue indoor sensors have come through my C7-C8 migration fine -- I've had zero issues with either one during or post-migration.

One is an old 001 I've had for forever, and one is a new 003 I got late last year.

i ordered the new one along with some little wall button rotating thingy...
directly from philips so it will be the latest one

My older version indoor sensor came through the C7->C8 migration just fine. I just can't get the new sensors to pair and work correctly.

Thanks for looking into this Mike,

Sorry I haven’t checked back in here. I was able to finally get it to connect and report correctly. Similar to the Ikea Sound Controller, I had to pair it a second time without deleting it. So, reset 003, pair to HE, then go back to pair to HE again, it will say device previously found but just let the timer run out, from there, it should be functioning and reporting correctly.

Let me know if that works for you.

No, I tried that but it did not work.

I have installed each of the new firmware versions over the last few days that have fixes for the zigbee Initializing issue but it did not help. I still can't get these to pair.

@mike.maxwell is the driver for the SML004 outdoor motion now in Hubitat ?
Thanks

It should be, that was so last month...

3 Likes

I'll add another data point in case it helps someone:

I bought a Philips Hue motion sensor on Amazon, model SML003. It works correctly with the Hue hub, but with Hubitat, although it paired quickly, it didn't update after the initial reading. I tried the second pairing that others have described, but it still didn't work. I also tried factory resetting.

What worked for me, though, after reading some of the posts above, is this:

1. Do a factory reset.
  2. Pair in Hubitat.
  3. Immediately do a second pairing.
  4. When it says it has found a previously paired device, don't click on the link. Instead, let the pairing timer run out.

I'm not sure this is what made it successful, but #4 was the main difference from my earlier failed attempts.

I have two of the newer SML003s from Amazon and they only work on high sensitivity and ignore the Hubitat sensitivity levels.

I can't imagine the neighbors are too happy with every little squirrel and rabbit setting off the motions all night.

Any idea when we'll get an updated driver?

1 Like