Philio & zipato smart energy meter

Yeah I've tried it both ways.

What handler are you using?

Edit: the driver you linked is a laundry thing, I think.

@mike I am sure it is the one I listed above.

Go to the thread I linked above and scroll down the the driver listed by "vjv" use that one.

Title: Aeon HEM Gen5(zwave plus)
By: Dillon A. Miller

Yes, That's the driver I've been using and I now understand what you said about "updating" because when I first go into the Device page it only displays a portion of the returned data but if I hit refresh, I get the missing data displayed.
Thx for your help.

Would anyone be able to get the second clamp to display as well?

Currently, with the driver below, this is what it displays

It's adding up both clamp 1 and clamp 2 and putting the total in the power attribute (see above).

It does not seem to be reporting these clamps independently.

Here is the driver
Here is the user manual. I cant seem to make sense of it. The parameters in the driver bear no relation to the parameters in the manual.

@adamkempenich Tagging Adam, as you seem to be able to surf a (Z)wave.

1 Like

Funny enough. I think I have the US model of that. Itā€™s one of four devices I have yet to install in my new house, though. Maybe Iā€™ll find time to fire it up in the next week or so.
@mike To confirmā€”you want it to display both power levels? I wonder if this might be better off as a parent/child device. Iā€™ll take a look at what I can do, if nobody else has already :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@adamkempenich

Yes, to display both power levels. I have solar, and would like one of the clamps to display house usage, and the other to display solar generation (or export).

There is a child/parent DH for a HEM, but I dont think it's Philio/zipato compatible. It's not for me.

Appreciate it Adam.

3 Likes

Thanks @adamkempenich, I'll also be keeping an eye on this for whatever you can put up. :slight_smile:
Llike @mike, I too would use one of these, Philio Energy Meters, with my solar system

1 Like

@mike I DO have a Philio multi-switch, but mine doesn't have the energy meter---only the contact detector. Regardless, I'll take a look at the driver :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Adam, did you ever take a look at the Philio HEM driver ??
Specifically if a driver could be modified to make use of BOTH sensor clamps ?
Currently I'm using the inbuilt Aeon HEMv5 that reports;

cc @mike & @braetonpearson1

Cheers,
Nic

2 Likes

Not yet. Any chance you could send an Amazon link to the one you have? Mine doesn't have the power metersā€”so I'd like to make sure it works right. I think I can find time this week.

@adamkempenich, I couldnā€™t find an Amazon link but about 6 posts up this thread @mike has posted the driver weā€™re currently using and the device manual.
Anything else just holler :+1:t2:
Cheers
Nic

Appreciate the effort Adam.

Here is the driver
Here is the user manual .

I'm not sure it's avaiable on Amazon. This looks like it might be similar (note that this is PAN04, whilst ours is labelled PAB01).

1 Like

Did you ever get that PAB01 HEM working?

I'm looking at it now, but doesnt seem to work.

Yes sort of. It is reporting but that's about it.
It's currently setup using the Aeon HEM Gen5 driver.

Ideally I'd like it to have one clamp around "in bound" power and the other clamp on "Solar" generated power but I've not found a driver that displays both links.

So it's only reporting on one of the clamps?

I've really not investigated it that much. Sorry.
On a previous driver I was pretty sure it was combining the data from BOTH clamps which is NOT what I wanted.

This device is still on my radar. Been trying to take care of a few other drivers ahead of it, but itā€™s still on the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will this driver work? Iā€™m using it with my Aeon v1 and it works great. I know itā€™s not the same for an Aeon v1 vs v5, but this is an entirely different device altogether, so maybe...:man_shrugging:t3: