Peanut Plug supported on Hubitat?

Yeah, if you would PM them to me, I'll be heading to Ikea this weekend (mostly to irritate the wife :wink: ) and I'll grab a couple of them.

1 Like

Those speakers are the only reason I ever step into an Ikea store willingly. And even then I try to buy them online with in store pickup so I can sneak in the out door and bypass the consumer cattle herding process!

S.

1 Like

Eh, I actually use it as an excuse to interact with humanity as I work from home and don't leave the house much. Besides, when shopping online, I might miss one of those "holy crap! They have [insert cool new item here]?! Give me 10!" LOL

And... MEATBALLS. Those delicious, crack-filled, opium infused balls of joy are my main reason for going there. LOL

2 Likes

Quick question :smile: I just installed one Peanut plug.

To act as a repeater, do I need to enable the Switch = On?

The state of the outlet does not matter for repeating, just matters that its joined.

1 Like

Thank You! Good sir :joy:

@E-Q please be sure to click the CONFIGURE button on the Peanut Plug's Device Details page. For some users, this is a required step to ensure that the Peanut Plug properly reports on/off status changes for the outlet. Pressing CONFIGURE will appear as if nothing happened...but behind the scenes Hubitat sends configuration data to the device telling it how to report status updates.

Note: This has no impact on the Zigbee repeater functionality. I just wanted to make sure that the outlet behaves for you if you decided to plug something into it.

1 Like

Thank You! Done!

1 Like

As an update, after initializing "configure solution" this morning, the two Peanut plugs have worked flawlessly. So I've gone from cautiously optimistic to very optimistic at this point. Another day and I'll be reasonably convinced. Thanks for the help folks!

4 Likes

You are the man! This fixed all of my Peanut Plugs updated state information!! Thank You!!

1 Like

So, is the power meter not working because the HE needs a Peanut-Specific driver? OR, will it just not work at all, no matter what? I'm kinda bummed because I grabbed four of these hoping to get both a Zigbee repeater AND the power data.

BTW, for whatever it is worth, these work GREAT as repeaters. I had several Zigbee devices that have terrible LQI ratings (Like in the 100s). After plugging in three of these, most of my LQI ratings are 255, with only a few in the 200-240 range. I will give it a few days to see if the zigbee network corrects itself even more.

I believe in order for the power reporting to work you have to update to the latest firmware on the Peanuts, and the only way to do that is by using a Securifi hub, which occasionally you can pick up a used one on ebay.

A few people on here have the hubs, and have offered to do the updates for you if you ship them your peanuts with return postage paid.

1 Like

Yup. I'm happy to do that for anyone.

1 Like

One of these days I'm going to take you up on that offer as I just bought 2 more, I think I have 8 now (not sure) but I'm slowly transitioning everything over to zigbee, but I'm afraid if I take them out of service and ship them my zigbee network might stop working so good.

PM me. I've got 2 updated that are not paired to HE. I'll ship those two to you. And you can ship me 2 to update. And we can repeat that over again until you're all set.

1 Like

I let ya know when I'm ready I'm still in deep configuration rule writing for the new Zen Thermostat that replaced my ecobee (glad to be done with that headache). I'm rule machine running the entire thing essentially creating my own thermostat scheduler based upon my weather station, bruce's recent average all sensors app for temp AND humidity, and "separate" fireplace blower setup, creating my own (ecobee style algorithm) . Pretty complex (for me) so that is occupying most of my time at the moment.

I should probably update all mine before I switch them over entirely. Good call.

I also have a hub and can do updates on plugs as well.

1 Like