Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

Just copy and paste each corresponding file from the new repo over top of the code in your hub. There is no GitHub integration. It’s all manual.

So ... if I used this procedure to load webCoRE on to my RaspberryPi:

cd ~/
git clone https://github.com/ajayjohn/webCoRE
cd webCoRE
git checkout hubitat-patches
cd dashboard
sudo ln -s `pwd` /var/www/webcore

How do I change that to jp0550's repository? Do I just redo that procedure on top of the existing install and replace 'ajayjohn' with 'jp0550'? If not ... instructions would be greatly appreciated .... or do I need to just start over from scratch?

Thanks for the help.

@Matthew

Try this:

cd ~/
cd webCoRE/
git remote set-url origin https://github.com/jp0550/webCore.git
git fetch origin
git reset --hard origin/hubitat-patches

Make sure you do git reset --hard origin/hubitat-patches above as it's showing as a comment but should be fully pasted.

2 Likes

Thank you. I did this and it appears to be working. I appreciate your help ... and all your work on WebCoRE for Hubitat. :smiley:

2 Likes

Fuel streams are currently not supported for hubitat. I've played around with getting it to work a few times including today, but it looks like they are down for everyone, not just hubitat users :

Damn... I use them a lot.

Just wanted to find out -

I have a second Rpi and have installed webCore there. Will there be any problems if i just change on the HE portal the custom webcore instance url to the new Rpi IP address? Will it disrupt anything?

Yes.... all your pistons will be lost UNLESS you copy the entire structure with same hierarchy to the new PI

I'm not sure that's strictly true. The webCoRE app and associated pistons are stored on your HE hub. It only accesses webCoRE on your Pi for defining new pistons, amending/deleting existing pistons. (I believe. :wink: ).
Proof of this I suppose is when you first loaded webCoRE and you probably used the webCoRE server to define them initially before you started using a RPi. I know I did.

@bobbles im struggling to set up my pi as the WC server, how did you manage it? i got stuck on trying to save the file.

I see that Monitoring Status is broken again....

Hi @BorrisTheCat
This answer is not going to help much but I just followed the instructions at the beginning of this tread. Worked OK for me.
Here are my settings for webCoRE on the HE.
When updating webCoRE I update the apps and then run this on my RPi.

sudo bash
Make sure you are in webCoRE directory
cd/home/pi/webCoRE/
git pull

Yes have been so far but it's at this point i'm stuck on

Let me look at my RPi.

as root -- edit /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

pi should NOT own that file

I'm not saying this is correct or not but mine works.
webCoRE is owned by pi on my RPi.
But as @anon61068208 has said above are you in root.

I said should NOT.

this is what i get when i try to save the edit to the file.

EDIT AS ROOT @BorrisTheCat

sudo su -

pico or vi /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

don't know what this means so probably not :joy: