Orbit B-hyve

I also don't see a way to check battery level and other stuff that is available in the propreitary Orbit app from this response, but I'm a n00b at this, so I could be missing something obvious. Thanks for any help and Happy New Year!

Not sure about the other stuff but the app will send out a low battery alert so I'm generally not too fussed as the batteries are just standard AAs, easily found.

Ok great! I just thought I saw a screenshot of this app reporting the current battery life when it was around 80% or so, and that got me curious.

Sorry I meant orbit's own app will send out an alert when batteries are running low.

It implements the Valve capability. Yes you can both check the status and open/close the valve. The log entry you posted isnโ€™t the status report, itโ€™s just to get the list of devices.

1 Like

Thoughts on B-hyve vs Link-Tap? I currently have the Link-Tap (bought recently) but having all kinds of trouble getting it to stay connected to the gateway. They have a non-standard implementation of Zigbee, so needs its own "hub".

All I really need is something that I can schedule, be able to adjust for weather events and have it be reliable. It would be nice (but not required) for it to work with either HE or Node-RED.

And of course, my return window on the Link-Tap closed 3 days ago :angry:

@dman2306 - I agree with @SuperDupe, it would be really nice if there was a switch to turn off the log.error messages. My thought is, if I notice it stops working I can enable more logging and debug it, but if it's working as expected, the driver cycles the log pretty quickly and makes it difficult to see other problems.

I just wanted to say thank you to those who worked on this and continue to work on it. I was able to utilize the package manager to install and now have access to both of my bhyve timers.

1 Like

I ordered two(2) Rachio 3s and having trouble similar to the earlier posts here; status updates.

So, Iโ€™m thinking of returning the Rachios and purchasing Orbit either 12Z orbit #57950 but would get along better with the 6Z 57946-B .

Q) Does the include HE include app for the Orbit #27396 work with the 57950 12Z or 57946 6Z ?
Q) Does the HE dashboard allow turning zones on and off with status?
Q) Does the HE dashboard see status if zones are turn on or off with the Orbit phone app
Q) Where is the scheduler in the HE Orbit app or the Orbit phone app
Most likely we will use traditional Valves only.

Thanks, you guys have put a lot of work into the Orbit.