Ooooh

Lookie what came in the mail for me... :slight_smile:

Note: Not approved by Hubitat and Warranty Voided.

A huge thanx to @lewis.heidrick for his soldering skills!

16 Likes

6 Likes

I see your schwartz is as big as mine

4 Likes

Not really, but didn't want to let that spoil the joke.... :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe the word you want is schwantz, German dictionary meaning: tail. Slang: (censored)
In Yiddish when someone (male) was a mean nasty bastard we referred to them as a schwantz and a putz.

1 Like

No, it's schwartz. It's from the movie Spcaeballs.

4 Likes

Schwartz means black.

Yeah, sadly the reference was less nuanced than yours, purely a crude pop-culture reference.

It's schwartz from spaceballs

1 Like

They likely substituted Schwartz for Schwantz to get around some censorship issues. As a child I learned to curse in Yiddish. I predate Spaceballs!

1 Like

My grandmother came from the DR and settled into the Jewish section of Queens. She learned to speak yiddish. Nothing funnier than listening to a combination of spanish/yiddish. And trust me, Mel Brooks doesn't change anything for censorship. IE: Blazing Saddles or Silverstreak

3 Likes

Who'd have thought a Zigbee dongle and a pop-culture reference to the male-member would produce such a cultural education for us all....

3 Likes

Best Friends Reaction GIF by Laff

3 Likes

It's the Spaceballs equivalent of Star Wars's "(the) Force", so my theory has always been that they were tweaking "schwantz" to kinda make it sound like "force".

The fact that schwartz means black auf deutsch is probably something they were hoping most people would overlook or not know.

It's a great movie - many good laughs.

3 Likes

@rlithgow1 - With no pun intended... well not really... So how is your new "schwartz" performing?

1 Like

It's on, but I haven't transferred anything to it yet. Likely won't till after vacation.

3 Likes

There was a big difference in my z-wave mesh. I have 60 devices. 50 of them are now directly connected. And even though I have 30 non-plus devices. my mesh is responsive.

4 Likes

Wait, say what? Aren’t vacations supposed to be used to test new Home Automation stuff? Have I been doing it wrong all these years?

3 Likes

Yeah don't wanna deal with that while at the beach lol

4 Likes