Old Webcore pistons no longer can be duplicated

It appears now that I can no longer duplicate any of my old pistons. That's okay but, is there a way to not have them appear on the list of Pistons? As of now, I have to scroll all the way down the list of the old pistons to get to my list of pistons that I have on Hubitat.

1 Like

Please clarify what you mean by “can no longer duplicate” - inside of webCoRE using create from another piston, or outside webCoRE using the HE duplicate app.

In my Hubitat app for Webcore, when I want to duplicate a piston from my pistons that I had from Smartthings, those Smartthings pistons still show up from my Smartthings hub list, it they no longer have any lines of code (no conditions, no then actions). So on the drop down Webcore list in Hubitat, I have a list of pistons that appear in the drop-down list first (old pistons), then after scrolling down through the old list, then my pistons that I have created in Hubitat finally appear. Until about a week ago, I could still duplicate my old pistons from Smartthings based pistons and all the code was still there, but now, no lines of code are there.

That doesn’t sound right, let’s bring in @nh.schottfam

adding @ipaterson

I think ST has shutdown the groovy code, and there is where the pistons are (unless you have a backup code).

If there are logs, please send

If you can connect to your ST webCoRE via the IDE, I suggest you do a local file backup of your pistons asap. See: backup your pistons

Ian may have other thoughts.

1 Like

Please read the giant red message on the webCoRE dashboard for your SmartThings hub if you can still access it. A backup file is the only way to ensure that your pistons are safe from whatever ST is doing. It’s quick to back up everything and easy to restore individual pistons of your choice. webCoRE is still working for me on ST but relying on the ability to duplicate pistons from ST is extremely risky. Good luck, I hope it comes back online for you.

The easiest way to knock those old ST pistons off the list is to log out of the dashboard and then back in with just your new hub. That will reset the list to just your current pistons.

Yes, I have seen the red message repeatedly on the old site, and am aware of the changes. I did try your suggestion of logging out and back in but I still get the old list. I did all my backups back in early December, but those pistons do not load in the new Hubitat Webcore area. All they do from the old Webcore ST to new Webcore Hubitat is bring up the name of the old piston, but no lines of conditions and actions. Thankfully I did almost all of the old ones by duplicating and revising them to fit the new Webcore before all of the changes.

Log out in the dashboard menu should have worked but to be sure can you try a different browser or incognito/private browsing window? If you still see all of the pistons is it possible that they do exist on Hubitat but in a hidden category? Settings > Categories will show whether any categories have been set to Hidden or to any of the modes that do not include “Details?”

I went to Settings, and there are several areas, but none named Categories. Not sure where to look inside of settings, as I did not see "Categories". It also seems that if I remove an OLD piston from Old webcore ST, they still are in the list in Hubitat (but not usable or used as duplicating. I just want to get rid of all those Old pistons so I don't have to scroll so far down to duplicate any new webcore Hubitat pistons.

The Settings off of the Dashboard

thanks, so I went there and Places section is blank, and in Categories there are no Hidden Categories

I also just tried the area in Webcore options "Move Pistons". I tried to move an Old ST piston to my Hubitat based pistons thinking that I would just delete the old piston once it's moved from old webcore to Hubitat webcore. That did not work as I get a "Sorry not ready yet" message. Any idea that would be an option in near future?

You should select the ST instance of webcore and backup you pistons (if they are still there)

You can take screen shots there of places, or categories you have setup.

Then you can re-create the categories, places in HE and restore the pistons from the backup file to the HE instance.

I hope you still have your ST instance there.

not sure if related, but we are having a certificate issue on some of the webcore servers, it is being looked into.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.