Okay I am about to give up

When you say you can't control them, you mean from the device page or dashboard?

These don't look good - no routing in the last column...do you happen to know if they always look like that?

What happens if you hit Refresh on those repeatedly? Any change?

1 Like

Device page. When I reset the hub I didnt rebuild dashboards. Didnt want to put in more work in case I need to revert to ST

I have updated the firmware

1 Like

Yeah, that takes a while to update. Be patient. EDIT: didn’t see the PENDING message. You are right.

May I suggest that you install the excellent community-contributed app Z-Wave Mesh Details by Tony Fleisher (@tony.fleisher):

It can be instructive in situations like this. It can be installed manually or using Hubitat Package Manager.

1 Like

Well at least we can see the problem clearly... ouch. Sorry to see that.

You should remove and re-pair those. Power them off (flip a breaker or unplug them) and then use the Remove button to remove them from your mesh.

It may take a lot of presses of the Remove button to work, but in .158 I've found it's pretty reliable. Make sure the devices have no power - if the hub can ping them it won't remove them.

If you can't remove them using the Remove button you can use your UZB stick...but try the Remove button first.

Given these are are issues lasting 3 days I don't think they are coming back.... :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Would this stop device like the greenhouse power strip to not repsond . They arent even near these devices and have signal and wont respond to command?

Well, I’d like to see the logs when he “hit Refresh repeatedly”. You can overwhelm the Z-Wave stack and get “Z-Wave busy” messages if you flood commands too fast.

Yup...one or more dead (ghost) devices can bring an entire mesh down.

Start hitting Remove...start w/the Rear Foyer Plug.

I had one motorized blind that when it went off killed my mesh. Really annoying...

Once they are removed, shut down (using Shut Down option on Settings page, then pull power 30s or more, and then restart.

Things may be fine right away...usally when I've removed a ghost things get better pretty quickly.

Possible, yup. But his symptoms are pretty standard-fare from what I've seen w/others here and my own personal experience w/a reluctant device recently. :slight_smile:

I tried remove a dozen times and no go. I will try these again tomorrow. It midnight here and work comes early thanks for everyones help.

Yup...if they won't go away w/Remove you can try this w/your UZB stick:

Good night, and good luck.

Ghost Removal

Ok. Overnight cleanup may work, or you may want to backup, download backup, soft reset, restore. That could prune the bad stuff out.

Sleep well. Don’t let the bedbugs bite.

I want to second this opinion and advice. The SmartThings radio/antenna has a greater range than Hubitat. I added a z-wave repeater in the same room as my hub, about 10’ away, and this really helped my mesh network.

You have more going on than just a weak mesh, but once you get your issues resolved, you will probably need more repeaters than you had with SmartThings.

2 Likes

Funny...my mom said this to me every night when I was a kid. I said it to mine. And now GH says it to me when I start my good night routine. Seriously. I'm addicted. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Given his issues have repeated (sorry, not trying to be punny :wink: ) that seems likely. The same problems may be recurring.

Ouch, those 3 plugs can create havoc in your mesh. Running repairs only makes things worse in your situation (locking up Z-Wave after attempting a repair is to be expected). Mind me asking what plugs/repeaters are those. You mentioned you have Iris. Have you tried to include the Z-Wave on Iris outlets, by any chance?

4 Likes