Off-topic rant about security

What?

1 Like

Hahahaha

1 Like

I see what you did there...

Refresh finally gave me Remove and it's gone now. I'll try to put it back later. I've wrestled with it enough for the moment.

3 Likes

WOOT!

When you start again, make sure you do an exclude w/the device on the HE hub first, before you start the include, just to be sure things are all hunky-dory w/any old node info cleaned up on the device.

Also helps if you put a tin-foil hat on any pets.

2 Likes

Ya these are a pain to include. The first time they don't finish you get a message in the log that says:

But the screen is stuck on device discovered but it never comes up to let you finish the setup. If you try to exclude it nothing will happen. If you then reboot, exclude and include a second time then it seems to work. It's done that on the last 2. I have 2 more to go. Really odd it seems. Not sure why these need to be so difficult.

And of course #3 of 4 included with no issues. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

They are learning that resistance is futile. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, I get this too. On all 3 ring repeaters. Varies, but usually 1-15 seconds after.

Were they all on mains when paired? Or were some paired while on battery?

All on mains as far as I can remember.

Thanks. Mine as well. I recall reading a note from @bcopeland about some mains+battery devices double reporting battery if included while on mains, although I can't find it at the moment. I was hoping that you might have some that were included on battery to check against.

I thought I’d report in regarding my ST and C3 —> C7 migration. So far, everything has gone pretty well with my z-wave devices. I’ve got some older items such as a Vision in-wall relay and a bunch of older Aeon Labs power monitoring plugs working great. The only issue I’ve had is with the Zooz 4 in 1 devices, and I read in another thread here that they’re currently pretty much a no-go on the C7 currently since they force S0 and have battery and latency issues.

I posted a few weeks ago asking about thoughts on what to do with the C3 hub once I’m done. I’ve decided I’m going to keep it in service and put critical backup sensors (freezers, refrigerator, etc) on it. The Zooz devices work fine on the C3, so I may put them there for certain uses.

Now you guys got me thinking my ZooZ 4-n-1 are causing all my issues...ugh I have a bunch of them. I also scored a C4 on ebay yesterday. I was thinking to put the "less secure" devices on that. I used to dislike zigbee now I am starting to lean away from zwave.

I am going to yank all of them off my network UGH and see if things improve. If this is the case I can put them on my C4 thats inbound.

Apologies got confused with Inovelli & Zooz... I have Inovelli 4-in-1s. Shoulda guessed when model #s were so different.

That's a reasonable course. Another option as I stated is to use a secondary controller (500 series) and PC Controller software to join to the C7 network. That's what I did and the device work as expected now.

I am really interested to see the differences between user experience on the C4 vs C7. The C7 just isn't reacting properly and or has a-lot of incompatibility with my devices. Below are most of my devices, I would like to think they are among the most common what does everyone else use?

The C4 might be a better hub for me, I will likely return the C7 after I get the C4 and check it out

Majority of my devices are
GE/Jasco Switches and Dimmers
Aeon HEMv2 & v5
Zooz 4-n-1
Everspring Water Sensors
Dome Water Sensors
Zooz Water Sensors
Dome Valve
Aeon Multisensor
Monoprice Contact Sensors - (works perfect)
Go Control Garage Door
Schlage Camelot Locks
All Zigbee Devices work perfect not listing those

Copying @agnes.zooz from Zooz in case she can help with the 4 in 1's on the C7. I do know that some fixes are coming for the zooz double plug in 2.3.4, maybe for the 4 in 1 as well?

It’s a 700 Z-Wave series issue. One cannot choose unsecured on a C7 and there is no way to choose on the sensor