Off-topic rant about security

We need 2.2.4 nowimage

1 Like

Have to disagree with you. We need the next one after the one after the one that will be delivered next. And always will.

2 Likes

Did you re-enroll the AE7s without security? Or leave them out completely? Also, are they firmware 1.1 or 1.2?

I have AE7's with firmware 1.1 I don't see any firmware updates on the Aeotec support site.

Is there something important in 1.2 - any idea where it can be obtained?

Thanks, Simon

Good Morning,
In two hours I managed to add two more switches successfully, removed from C4 and added to C7 easily by flipping the switch paddle on and off.
I also have a lot of GE/Jasco outlets which seem to be problematic. I have removed them all from the C4 and cannot get any of them to join C7.
They are GE 45605 Z-Wave Duplex Receptacle. This is info from C4 Hubitat:

• deviceType: 21074
  • inClusters: 0x25,0x27,0x75,0x73,0x70,0x86,0x72,0x77
  • deviceId: 13616
  • manufacturer: 99

Tried flipping them on/off, on/off a few times, on /off rapidly, no joy.
Have any idea's on inclusion?
Thanks

Sorry, I don't have any of those devices.

Since those are Z-Wave not Z-Wave plus devices there does not seem to be a manual way to directly "factory reset" other than exclude - and this is done just like including - tap the button.

https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/400691/ge-45605-ge-z-wave-duplex-receptacle.html?page=16

https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/400691/ge-45605-ge-z-wave-duplex-receptacle.html?page=14

You might try and see if you can't exclude the device via the C-7, Reboot the C-7 then try an inclusion.

Haha... remembered that.... It was of some reason the first time I waited a couple of days before thinking of update the vera but read on the forum that Hell had broke loose.... Waited several month before updating. But they sorted it out ok in the end...

1 Like

Yeah that was a real shi!t show. For those lucky enough to not be using a Vera Plus; every time anyone even looked sideways at their internet connection the blasted thing would spontaneously reboot and and then get stuck in what we dubbed christmas tree mode ... basically it would sit there stuck halfway through startup looking for the Vera servers, blinking its pretty lights and doing SFA until the user pulled the power out and then restored power. Even then it wasnt a guarantee that it would boot to a normal state the first time.

Compounding the issue was the fact that Vera had made changes to the FW after beta testing it and released them straight to production bypassing their normal beta test process. Adding insult to injury, they then all f'd off from the forum for about 4 weeks while we all rightfully screamed bloody murder. :man_facepalming:

To be fair, I got the feeling that was standard procedure for the Vera engineering team.

1 Like

@bobbles
Ok, thanks anyway
@erktrek
Ok, I'll give that a try. They are all removed from my C4, no problems.
Thanks

Yes I re-enrolled them with all the check boxes cleared, the system seemed to stabilize a bit overnight but still seeing some slowness and items not updating on the dashboards. I replaced the 7 Leviton Zwave outlet modules with Zwave plus modules this morning. Hopefully this will assist the system in its speed and stabilization :question: :question: :question:

If someone is looking for 7 Leviton VRPA1-1LW Vizia RF + Scene Capable Z-Wave Plug-In Appliance Modules they are listed on e"pond" they always worked without issue on the ST hub.

I also received the UZB7 this morning and was happy to find there are no ghosts to remove.

Oh and the repeaters are version 1.1

Hopefully the next firmware release will address the S2 issue as I would like to run the locks on the Hubitat instead of the Qolsys.

So I now leave the HE to stabilize itself while I concentrate on some labor day weekend drinking :beers:

1 Like

There are a couple fixes in 1.2. Principally "resolutions for Power Level and Indicator" command class issues. Not sure if there is anything that will help with your situation, but it can't (shouldn't :slight_smile:) hurt.

Do you have a link to the 1.2 firmware, I am not finding it on their site.

Thx

I noticed something with the Z-Wave radio if it hasn't been mentioned before. When trying to get rid of a ghost node, if you hit remove, refresh, discover etc (mostly remove) it will tie up the radio so you can't excluded / include anything until you reboot the hub.

5 Likes

This is the single most intelligent post I have seen on this forum in weeks.
:smiley:

1 Like

WOOT.

HE team is banging them out. Hope this helps folks who've still been having issues.

Thanks for that info you gave me earlier. I've had the C4 for a long time and managed to get most of my devices moved over to the C7. I just excluded them from C4 and C7, then added to C7.
I wish I had planed a little better and taken some snapshots of my dashboards. Will take me a while to get those back were I liked them. "Proper planing prevents piss poor performance"
Thanks again.

2 Likes