Off-topic rant about security

The only downside of this post is that now I'm hitting the "Check for Updates" link every 15 minutes. Need to find my zen place...

2 Likes

Patience. :slight_smile: Let the beta testers finish breaking it 1st, so you don't have to. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You might want to contact some of those vendors with the information you've discovered. You'll be doing someone a favor.

2 Likes

You should consider subscribing to the News and Updates category. Then you will receive an email when new topics are added such as release notes. Or there is a release notes subcategory too which only HE staff can create topics in.

2 Likes

I am subscribed. LOL, I was just joking of course about actually pounding on the refresh button continually. But in my mind I am. :grin::wink:

1 Like

Do you need any more information to help reproduce?
Or I could give you access to mine via Google desktop or something
I've zniffer if need be

Fingers crossed.

I found this AFTER spending 4-5 hours trying to include a device (and sending an email to support).

I am sure hoping this helps--as I just moved over to my new C-7 hub and it's been rough including devices (and, esp, the newer "s2" ones).

Thanks,

...Rob

1 Like

"per the specs should never have occurred".

After 35 years in IT and related fields. I've learned to expect that the "can't possibly happen". Will. *

:slight_smile: Good luck getting this fixed--I'm looking forward to it, as this has been a pain point.

4 Likes

I have noticed something slightly odd with Zwave repair and my C7. After I successfully include an Inovelli LZW30 with S2 and try to run a zwave repair, the new device doesn't seem to be included in the repair. Only after a hub reboot is the new switch included in the Zwave repair. I was able to reproduce this with multiple LZW30. I am not sure if this is normal behavior or a bug. Thought I should bring this to the staff's attention

@bcopeland @mike.maxwell

Thanks for the report @mraz.camren will be looking into this..

1 Like

You should enjoy this one then.. What was happening was the z-wave equivalent of:

17 Likes

Any ETA of c7 update? /Mattias ,HE newbi

1 Like

I think they addressed that in the OP :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

Damn...so my son is actually a Zwave device. Will wonders never cease...

I just got a Zooz multirelay that is ZWave Plus and S2.

However, it did NOT come with a QR code or 5 digit number for pairing--yet the Hubitat asks for that.

Is this part of the pairing issue the C-7s are having now--or is this a "Zooz forgot to give me the code" issue?

Since you're working on wrapping up some bug fixes, I wanted to mention this asap here--I'll ping Zooz as well.

Thanks.

There should be an S2 code and QR code on or with the device from Zooz. Looks like this.

Pretty sure the MultiRelay should join S2 unauthenticated and not prompt you for those 5 digits. Or at least that’s how mine was joining.

1 Like

Indeed, that's what I was looking for--and not finding.

Oddly, despite all those prompts--it seems to have managed to eventually become properly discovered.

Just added a new extender (3rd one--Ring one this time). It didn't include right at all the first time.

It hung/stopped after the pop up for the security types and the pop up for the DSK code. It started "Including..." and froze.

However, after rebooting the hub, I was able to remove several "ghost devices" AND it managed to show the Ring Extender that previously was a ghost.

Guessing this is all due to the "issues" hopefully being resolved soon with the C-7.

Note: Also, prior to the re-boot of the hub, I was getting a BUNCH of "Z-Wave is busy" messages in the logs when I was trying to removed ghost devices, etc.