Off-topic rant about security

@mike.maxwell
I've been plagued with z-wave lock outs which can only be fixed by shutdown and pull the power

These seam to connected to having dashboards open, like there is a issue with communications with c5 with an external stick

Mike,

I’ve read the Z-Wave manual that a Bruce linked in the now-closed C-7 announcement thread:

See the new Z-Wave Manual for complete details.

It’s unclear to me from that manual exactly where the SmartStart Provisioning List is stored (i.e., in the radio or in the Hub database). Is the SmartStart Provisioning List stored in the database backup (and restored/overwritten upon database restore) or, instead, is it backed up in the Hub Protection Service radio backup (and restored/overwritten upon radio restore), or both, or neither?

The provisioning list is maintained by the radio, it is not part of HE's database, It should be part of the radio backup when that service is available, however I haven't specifically verified the inclusion of that list in the backup.
I've tagged this for review.

The node provisioning list is also not needed after the device has been included.

The list entry can be deleted after inclusion is complete.

1 Like

Will this update also address the leftover failed entries in the Zwave device pages? I have like 5 entries from a lock pairing issue yesterday. I left it alone as I figured the nightly maintenance would clean it up.

1 Like

There wouldn't be anything specific that we can fix zwave wise that would be related to the dashboard being left open.
We are and have been including various internal performance optimizations, including several more in platform 2.2.3.

Which radio are you using on your C5?

Perhaps my question wasn’t clear. If a Radio restore is done from a Radio backup made before inclusion, the device won’t be included. Depending on whether the SmartStart Provisioning List is stored in the Radio Backup or the database backup, re-inclusion will be easy or else you will have to go find all the DSKs. On some devices, you might have to remove devices from difficult places to see the DSK on the sticker.

Thanks, Mike, for checking.

Great work on these. Will these fixes address ghost devices that are FAILED in the zwave log? Right now I have a few and it won't let me remove them.

External stick

I know, which one?, there are several in play...

1 Like

I'm not sure how to tell, its white with a hubitat sticker on, I bought it late 2019

All white?, or half white and half gray...

All white
So what does that mean

1 Like

Could not be happier to see this post...thanks for confirming current status and plans to address, @bcopeland. Looking forward to this fix so I can move forward more confidently on my migration from ST to HE.

1 Like

I 100% agree. Thanks for the update, it instills confidence in the platform!

1 Like

It means I know what stick you are using, whether I can duplicate your issues or not, that I don't know.

2 Likes

Really glad to hear how careful they are being about the radio firmware...do NOT want to accidentally foobar that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also REALLY thankful for the opt-in update style instead of the forced update. Definitely going to let this one peculate for a couple days before updating, but then again I'm not suffering from any issues right now.

2 Likes

Yay!
I can’t wait to open the C7 box. I got mine over a week ago but saw the post about C7 and Inovelli switches so I decided to wait for a fix before switching C5 over to C7.

All my switches are Inovelli and I was cringing when I was reading the post about it

2 Likes

Thanks for working through this. I suspect there have been several very long days. I've been playing Hubitat for well over a year and am continuously delighted at the staff and community support. It's not always roses but rosy enough to keep me coming back. It's almost time to crack the wrapper on my new C-7 box.

2 Likes