NST Manager ported to Hubitat

@nh.schottfam

I am getting the following error in the thermostat driver after updating:

Here are my current states:

And here are my State Variables:

I've updated each of the apps.

Any ideas?

Scott

I also updated all NST Manager and I too and experiencing extra chatty log messages from NST Manager devices and apps now.

these should turn off after 30 mins automatically , or can be turned off in the event stream device

HE console -> Devices -> Nest event stream -> Under preferences turn off "enable debug logging" then hit "save preferences"

They should turn off automatically in 30 mins.

Thank you! I'll try going into preferences to try to turn off debug logging.

Note: I updated over 24 hours ago, and the screenshot above was just 2 hours ago. My log file is completely full of messages like that.

I would also suggest go into NST manager and hit done

HE console -> Apps -> NST Manager and hit done

The oddest thing is happening. I did exactly this and turned off 'enable debug logging'. I saved preferences. After 5 minutes or so, I noticed my log did not settle down so I opened the Nest Event Stream device again and "enable debug logging" was back on somehow? I turned it off again... saved preferences again... and 5 minutes later it turned itself back on. I don't get how that is happening?

Regardless, I'll try your other suggestion of hitting done in the NST Manager app. I had done that before I left my message earlier, but I am happy to try whatever you suggest so I will do this again now. Thank you, again!

I tried this 15 minutes ago and my log file is still repeatedly filling with NST info per the screenshot above.

Also, Nest event stream keeps turning 'enable debug logging' back on, no matter how many times I turn it off and hit save preferences, or save device. After 2-3 minutes it turns back on. Do you have any other suggestions for me to try, please?

If you look in the Event stream (or NST manager) after hitting done
you should see: (which will turn off logging)

I'm not seeing that in NST Manager - here's what I am seeing (and I promise I have hit done in NST Manager app page - several times :slight_smile: )

Here's Nest Event Stream, which has the 'logsOff'

The logs are still filling at the same rate - it's as if that "logsOff" job is being ignored maybe? Please compare the timestamp between when the logsOff job was scheduled in Nest Event Stream with this screenshot below of my logs just now.

EDIT: If you notice in the log files above, it keeps saying "Forced Null sent Event #1 /1"

Just a moment ago, the log said "Forced Null sent Event #1 /2" and then "Sent Event Data Event #2 / 2" which wasn't happening in the earlier logs. After this, things have quieted down a bit.

My logs only go back as far as 2 hours due to all of the NST related logs right now, but it looks like there's maybe a pattern here:

1. NST Manager wakes up and restarts the stream
  2. It does a "Sent Event Data Event #1 / 1"
  3. Then it does a "Forced Null sent Event #1 / 1" and it seems to loop between these two events with 1 /1.
  4. After sometime - sometimes 30 minutes, sometimes less, or more, it will finally say "Sent Event Data 2 / 2" and then the logs will settle down for 10 minutes until the next poll where things start to fill the log in a loop again.

(Example: Starts at 8:22p CT)

(Example: Log file fills up with repeated NST information in a loop for 17 minutes until 8:39p CT when it finally says "Sent Event Data Event #2 / 2". Then it goes quiet for 10 minutes)

I updated and my event stream kept shutting down. So I completely reinstalled and now I can't install the app. All I get is this everytime I try:

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

1 Like

I'm getting quite a few errors in the logs too. @nh.schottfam what does this mean from the thermostat.

I got a message from him to update again. Said a fix was made.

For everything related to NST Manager: I updated everything (Apps & Drivers), re-saved everything (app & drivers), clicked 'done' on everything that had a "done" button.

My logs kept going crazy. So I gave up and rolled back to a hub backup I had from earlier in the week. :confused: I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong.

I am seeing this same error. First time install on HE (former SmartThings user). Deleted and re-added NST Manager just for kicks, but same error.

1 Like

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check [Logs] for more information.

1 Like

I have posted a fix for nstEventStream driver. Please use this newer version of this driver.

@nh.schottfam every time i disable the debug logs in the event stream driver it keeps turning them back on? The app is crazy chatty so just trying to turn of non essential logs.

I was seeing the same error as @tjsawyer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling NST Manager because I was able to successfully send commands to my thermostat after the 2.0.4 update but it wasn't getting any data back from Nest. Downgrading the NST Manager app to 2.0.3 fixed the error on install (GitHub - tonesto7/nst-manager-he at v2.0.3). But then I was seeing the errors in the log that @BorrisTheCat posted. Downgrading the Nest Thermostat driver to 2.0.3 I got back both control from Hubitat and incoming data from Nest. Everything else is still running the most recent versions.

If you can run the latest version and show logs if errors, that would be helpful for diagnosing

I think the issues @BorrisTheCat are resolved, as the logging / nstEventstream issues.

I updated them back to 3.0.4. Here's what I'm seeing from Eventstream: