Notify on door lock code

+1 bump here.

Is this Notifier fix after current v2.1.8.117

Will be in 2.1.9, currently in beta testing.

I'm having general issues with this...I had it working previously.

I have a Schlage Zwave Plus is has been paired and working great. What used to happen was that I would get a notification when the door was locked and unlocked and it would either include the name of the User or "Manual" if it was by key./thumb turn.

Currently I have notifier set to Front Door has been %value% by %user%.

But the %user% variable never resolves.

Where is this variable coming from? AFAIK, there’s no built-in variable by that name.

1 Like

I read it somewhere or had that previously configured. I do confess that I haven't found it on here.

Post a screen shot of the rule you are using for notification.

It should be something like %device% was %text% using %value%'s code.

1 Like

This is what I use to notify when my front door is unlocked:

%value% unlocked the %device% at %time%

1 Like

What device are you monitoring? The door/lock or the lock codes?

I want to get notification when it is unlocked manually as well.

I only monitor for when a code is used to unlock the door. We don't ever manually use a key from the outside and I don't need to know when anyone manually unlocks the door from the inside (which generally means someone is leaving).

I user RM, so the trigger event is: Lock code entered on Front Door Lock : Any Lock Code

You can also monitor the lock for when it changes from locked to unlocked, but I don't have that trigger event in front of me at the moment. It shouldn't be difficult to set that up along with the event I posted above.

***I just quickly found this in the new documentation. You can use the built in notifier application to notify you when you door is locked/unlocked:

Of course you can still do this with RM.

@citricguy I tried your steps but I have not had any success. This feature worked great with Rboys LUM when I was on Smartthings but I can't get it to work on my lock with Hubitat. I don't even see what code unlocked the door in the logs. Can you see the code that unlocked the door in the logs?

what lock do you have?

BE469 with firmware 7.1

How is your rule built? (that lock/firmware certainly notifies on code)

I saying the codes entered don't even appear in the logs. Its not a problem with the rule or the notification app.

If you go to the device page for your lock, then click on Get Codes. What happens? I also suggest installing the Lock Code Manager app to be able to assign/set codes and names, etc.

1 Like

The actual codes will not show in the logs but it shows who unlocked it, when, and how... Your notifications should

Your notification line should look like this

So now if you assign a code, lets sat Stranger/slot 7/7677 via the device itself or lock code manager, when that code is used, the log will show Stranger unlocked door @ time/date/etc etc. (I reread your original message and needed to clarify myself on codes/vs user. User shows but codes don't and really that's all you need)

Were the codes pre-existing on the lock before you paired the lock to Hubitat? Your observations suggest this possibility is likely.

Schlage locks have to be factory reset (deleting all codes) prior to pairing with Hubitat. Then new user codes have to be entered via Hubitat (and not directly on the lock).

I think he's looking for the actual code unlocking the lock in the logs, whereas he'll only see assigned user in the logs, not the actual code. (at least to my knowledge)

I am using LCM. I reset the lock before pairing When I press get codes I see it downloads the user codes from the lock. The code state is working. What I meant was that I wasn't seeing users (or rather code slot) in the logs.

I think the issue may just be related to poor signal strength. The lock is not responding at all right now. All of the dozens of other z-wave devices in my house work fine but for some reason Hubitat struggles with this lock. Strange because it works fine under Smartthings and that hub is located in the same closet.