Edit: Something below didn't work as expected. I was able to get 4 Schlage locks working perfectly using the steps from the post after this one. Leaving this one for reference, but if you follow the steps from the next post you should be golden. Good luck!
(Old broken process, see next post!)
I think I fixed it, or at least it works for now!
Alright, I was able to get my lock to notify again. I'm not sure if it will break again after 24 hours, but I'm going to dump my notes here as it will hopefully help someone to get their Schlage Z Wave lock working.
I just recently moved from SmartThings to Hubitat. During the move I excluded my locks and then included them into Hubitat. This went VERY well and I thought everything would work just fine. I did not factory reset the hardware however, I did however delete all the old codes in Lock Code Manager via Hubitat after the inclusion so that I could re-add them properly. (They read as ???? instead of the actual codes.) This was a migration (lock was already setup using smart things), not a new (unboxing) install.
I enabled "Code Encryption" on the device and then went to setup notifications. Then I noticed notifications did not work. Then I disabled "Code Encryption" and it worked again for a few hours. Then notifications completely stopped working... again.
I came across a post regarding another lock (Kwikset Smartcode 910 Zigbee Not Recognizing User Code Entered) which suggested removing, resetting and re-adding the lock.
This worked, notifications are working again and hopefully they will continue to work and not break again after 24ish hours. I will of course update this post if it breaks again.
I apologize for the excessive details above, but I wanted to make a note of everything to help troubleshoot if it happens again and hopefully it will help someone else.
(PLEASE READ THE MANUAL BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS, WARNINGS AHEAD!)
- Factory reset the lock. Unplug the battery, hold down the Schlage logo on the outside of the lock and then reconnect the battery. The light should blink twice and the device should now be factory reset. All previous codes are now reset, the lock is "almost" factory reset. There are additional steps to finish the reset, please see page 12 of the manual. You have to use one of the 'default' unlock codes to calibrate the lock and continue.
- Factory resetting the lock does not seem to exclude the lock from the z wave network by default. To exclude the lock, start Z Wave exclusion on the Hubitat Hub and then on the keypad hit the "Schlage" key -> Type the locks programming code (found on a sticker under the inside of the lock) -> Followed by the 0 key. (See page 13 of the manual). If you get a green confirmation on the lock you're golden, if not, you many need to move the hub closer to the lock like I had to.
- Once your lock is excluded, simply include new devices and repeat the process (Schlage key -> Programming Code -> 0) and Hubitat will find your device.
- I also had to manually delete all of the user codes at this point. (Schlage Key -> Programming Code -> 6 -> Programming Code)
- Re-add your codes, setup notifications (I used rule machine, though I think Notifications would work again now) and everything should work perfectly.
- If you had to physically move your hub closer to the lock restart your hub now via the settings tab. If you don't, you may need to repeat all the steps above. For some reason my hub forgot everything I did after I plugged it back in inside my networking cabinet.
Another thing I need to check is if adding a 'disabled' lock code caused the problem. I had some weird stuff happen last time I tried that but I haven't pinned that as an issue and my be an unrelated bug.
I should probably re-read this and fix all the typos, but it's 3am and I'm sick of troubleshooting this lock. It works for now and I'll check it again tomorrow. Will update if it breaks, otherwise the fix is above. If I can help anyone troubleshoot this further please let me know.
Well, it did stop working again. I think it may have to do with power cycling the Hubitat hub. Will continue troubleshooting later and will report back. :\