[NOT MAINTAINED] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

Look at your Z-Wave Details page, find the T6, and see if there is any entry in the Security column (where mine says "None"). Mine looks like this:

If yours says S2 then you're joined w/security and you cannot use the advanced driver. Bryan said it needs an update to work w/devices joined w/S2 and AFAIK he hasn't had time to make that update.

I guess I’m good to go then. Would the procedure be something like.

Delete current driver.
Install new driver and connect again.

Actually I believe it’s working. I just installed the advanced driver and then changed the driver over in the settings and it appears to be working.

Thanks for your help.

No problem. Enjoy.

And just to confirm, the simplest approach:

• Install new driver
  • Open Device page for the device in question
  • Select the new driver and save
2 Likes

It doesn't seem to be able to change the mode to "auto". I have enabled auto change-over on the thermostat. Any thoughts?

Is your T6 joined w/security (S2)?

If so, this driver will mostly likely have problems working w/your T6. AFAIK, if you join the T6 w/out security ("None" in the line below from the Z-Wave Details page) the driver should work w/your T6.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will give that a try.

1 Like

Thanks for this great driver. I installed it and the new thermostat and could immediately read all the settings. However, HE would not change the temperature on the thermostat. I tried the other available drivers and non of them would work. Then I discovered that the thermostat goes to sleep and if I physically go touch the screen to wake it up that I could control it perfectly with the HE. The problem is that I have to touch the thermostat screen to wake it up every time I want HE to control it which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a z-wave thermostat. Is there a way to send it a wake up signal first? Is there a setting on the thermostat that would change this? My thermostat is running battery powered only so I wonder if this is a battery saving feature or something.

As mentioned, check your security joining first.

If you were already joined with no security, then it may just be a bug. I'm on the stock driver, and I can't get mine to change to Auto (mode), either. I tried both the dashboard and the device page.

I know there is a bug in the dashboard that won't let you change to certain fan settings. (Read above in this thread.) I'm not sure if that same bug is present for mode changing or not.

There is a setting called ‘Auto Changeover’, that should be set to ON before you can change it to Auto. (See table 2 of the manual ISU300)

I just tried it on my unit and it works. I know you said you tried that setting so it must be something else.

I found a work around. If I tell HE to set the temp to say 70 and then in rule machine I set up a rule to set temp to 70 then delay 2 seconds and set temp to 70 again it works. It's like the first command is ignored (or it's just a wake up call) and then the second command actually does something. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

Not sure what you mean by "if I tell HE to set the temp to 70..." Did you mean to say "If I want to tell HE to get the temp to 70..."?

I can confirm that I can set the heating setpoint on the T6 device page and the themostat responds almost immeditately. Don't need to wake it up.

I have a temperature setting on one of my dashboards and I set the temperature there is what I meant by "tell HE to set the temp". Even if I go to the device page it will not respond on the first attempt. If I try it again after a few seconds it works.

I set up a rule in RM so that I can tell alexa to turn on "heat" (heat is a virtual switch) then in RM it sets the thermostat temp to 70. The idea is so I can turn up the heat before getting out of bed (I know - first world problem). But if the thermostat is not set for a while then it seems to go to sleep. So the work around was to change the rule in RM so that it sets the thermostat to 70 and then waits and does it again after a delay of a few seconds. It seems like the first attempt just wakes up the thermostat and then the second one actually changes it. At least that is what I see from looking at the logs.

I went through all the thermostat ISU settings and couldn't find anything that would change this.

Hmmm...I don't remember doing anything or changing any settings to make mine work/respond to settings changes, other than excluding and re-joining it w/out security so it would work w/this driver. Sorry can't help more.

My issue was, in fact, related to security setting. Once I rediscovered the device and added it without security, the driver performed as expected. Thank you for the assistance.

1 Like

Does this driver include a command for Away/Home occupancy? I don't see it in there & I'd like to request that it be added. Thanks.

It does.

The thermostat either lets use set a schedule or use Occupancy. This is an either-or choice. This driver lets you enable Occupancy by selection "No schedule/Occupancy based schedule" under Schedule type.

I have it set up that way and my mode setpoints work really well, both using Thermostat Scheduler and with RM rules. But a weird thing is that even when my HE mode is away the thermostat display never says Away, only Home.

Looking at the driver, it looks like the setting I might be after is setSchedule, which isn't supported here. Would this be the way to switch between Away and Home?

My T6 arrives today and I'm looking forward to integrating it with my home automation system! As a precursor, I just finished reading through this thread and noted something that may be worth commenting on. Apparently the thermostat will need the "C" wire connection to work correctly with this driver. When its continuously powered, the T6 acts as a Z-Wave repeater and doesn't go into "sleep mode". No "C" wire connection may very well be what's behind reports of "having to enter a command twice" or "my thermostat isn't responding" comments. I'm also interested in schedule settings that are exposed here since when the T6 is z-wave connected, it disables its local scheduling capabilities. Also concur with the external temperature probe remarks. Sadly, the external sensor for my current Honeywell t-stat won't give me anything more than heat pump optimization on this model. A bit of a letdown since our family is used to our thermostat being the primary outdoor thermometer currently...