[NOT MAINTAINED] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

I use the Plus driver for all Z-Wave thermostats now

3 Likes

You still running the T6 or is there something fancier out there nowadays?

1 Like

Thank you ...

I will change driver and try it out today.

1 Like

I have 2 T6's.. Some Z-Wave 700 series (I forgot the brand) and some GoControl's .. And now ecobee, because I took over that code..

2 Likes

Still running original T6 driver but I noticed the recent Apple homekit update added some odd switches and button to thermostat setting which I am not even sure what it's for.

So I am hoping switching driver will eliminate those odd switches and buttons. It wasn't in the previous Homekit versions but just appeared after the iOS 16 update.

Switch the drive to DEVICE and delete all the deleteable items then switch to the generic z-wave plus thermostat driver click save then click configure.

3 Likes

I switched and it still showing those slider and push button on bottom. Not sure what it supposed to be.

That is odd.. Not sure why that's there… Going to poke @gopher.ny who knows more about the HomeKit integration

Look at the integration page.... Make sure it's exporting as a thermostat...

My T6 looks like this

1 Like

FYI: There is an updated/maintained version of this driver - one of our better community devs was nice enough to take it on.

Here:

2 Likes

Is the thermostat offset parameter exposed with this driver?

You can set it directly on the stat…

1 Like

It is exporting as thermostat

That what mine look like now however in the past I only had the top half

I did not have the slider or the button at the bottom until either I switched from Homebridge to Hubitat integrate homekit or the iOS16 Homekit update which added the slider and button at the bottom appear.

I do not see a purpose for those two other than it seem to power it on and off which the scroll heat cool auto off does the same thing

When I slide it off or on .. button seem to either follow it or does the opposite.

What the slider supposed to do and what the button at bottom suppose to do?

Here what mine top part look like

Right now slider is grey "Off" and the button is highlighted "On". I tried it off and on and check to see if anything on thermostat change but I don't notice anything changed on it.

I am thinking maybe it a fan mode because for a week my house was chilly at 70 degree and I noticed one day that furnace was still blowing air when it was not heating so I look at the thermostat showing fan mode on when I did not remember ever turning it on. I switch it back to auto again.

I am suspecting that maybe a combination of slider and button off and on somehow set the fan mode to on somehow.

Thanks .. I didn't know about that! I will try that driver out!

I tried this resurrected driver. The slider bar and button still shows up on homekit underneath the temp dial and mode switch.

EDIT ......

AH! The advanced driver now shown me what the slider and button does!

It change the fan mode to either auto or on. The button does the same thing too either change the fan mode to either auto or on.

Why have a slider and a button that does the same thing. Now I know where the accidental fan mode changing from auto to on came from.

Need to change it so it similar to the heat cool auto off scroll up/down instead of a slider or a button when both control the same function.

1 Like

I’m using the offset to dynamically adjust the thermostat temperature based on a selected remote temperature sensor hence the need to do that digitally.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.