Not able to connect to my hub (again)

Well you can switch back to ethernet then I guess. We eliminated one variable.

You can but there is a high chance the issue is software on the hub, not hardware. Which they might be able to tell in the engineering logs.

Please see this post above: Not able to connect to my hub (again) - #17 by jtp10181

You think it might be software, by that do you mean one of my automation apps? If so how would i go about tracking down where the problem is. If the clues are in the logs i would need help interpreting them.
Maybe it is time for me to end this thread and start one about hub crashing.
Gary

Its probably either something with one of your apps, or possibly a rouge device that is overloading the hub with messages. Custom user IP/LAN integrations can be especially heavy on the hub if they are coded poorly or mis-configured.

This is why my list of questions that I posted twice above is asking about your devices.

For logs, first thing to look for would be errors and warnings.

Barring that, the Device and App stats pages can be helpful. Enable all the columns on those pages and post screenshots of both from a PC/Laptop or large screen device (just the top 10-20 that is visible at the top of the page).

You can also use the Hub Info v3 driver to monitor the hub stats / memory [RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3 or the Watchtower app to chart it on the hub [RELEASE] Watchtower long-term metrics app

The standard warranty is 90 days, unless a Hub Protect extended warranty has been purchased to cover the hub.

In any event, you can start the warranty process at:

Thanks I was going to say that also but forgot. Doing the warranty case will at least prompt staff to check the engineering logs for any evidence of hardware failure.

ok thanks all.
I am going to start a process of turning off devices that show activity on the logs. I still don't understand most of the stuff that logs are saying, but I do have a question some of the log entries have a blue button that says "debug" and that takes me to a device, could that be a clue as to what is going on?
I plan to plug away at this.
I filled out the warranty page but there has been no response.
if I get too frustrated I will restart this discussion under a new thread.

Gary

Looks like you made a new community account as well?? You should stick to one account or it gets confusing for people trying to help.

No idea how that happened i was at my steam driven pc when i typed that reply but could see r
The whole thread??
Gary

I have been running live log on my PC and have a question. Mostly the entries are a grey info button, but some show a blue debug button, should I be concerned about the debug entries?
Gary

Categorically? No. It depends what’s in the debug log message.

Often they’re not easy for anyone but a developer to interpret. But they usually exist for development/troubleshooting purposes and aren’t necessarily helpful to see at all times (for most users).

Built-in devices and apps do not persistently report debug log events. Debug logging can be turned on for a device, e.g. to troubleshoot an issue, but will automatically turn off after 30 minutes (sooner if you turn of debug logging manually).

For apps or devices created by community developers, it depends how the developer coded their work.