Not able to Connect to Hubitat Cloud

I would press the reset on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds. This resets your network settings. Use a dhcp reservation instead of dhcp and I can almost guarantee it will take 30 seconds to update the hub

1 Like

There is no reset button that is obviously visible on my C5, is there instructions for this somewhere, thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to help. At least I now have a quick way to check if my problem is fixed. If I click on the little cloud symbol at the top right of any hubitat screen I get this:
Screenshot from 2022-07-03 17-36-03

Not sure why the Cloud connection is unavailable. (I live in Canada). But at least I can now quickly check if my problem is fixed. Which it is not!

Holding the reset button in for 10 seconds did not fix the problem.

Do you have a vlan going on?

Nope. The only different thing with my network is my brother-in-law is visiting from Sweden so on 1 specific computer he is running a vpn (Mullvad VPN) so he can watch his Eurosport subscription. This vpn was installed on a windows computer NOT on the router.

Checking my IP address on the computer I am currently typing on, shows me as having a Shaw connection right in Winnipeg. I live in Winnipeg and Shaw is my Internet provider.

Something is actively blocking the hub from getting through your router. The fact that you can see it and you are now getting dhcp after hitting the reset button rules out the hub itself. If you did reset the hub back to static after that switch your dns to 1.1.1.1 instead of 8.8.8.8 but overall best practice is to use a dhcp reservation to issue a ip to the hub

1 Like

Still can't connect to the cloud

@bobbyD any advice?

Have you checked the hub's time? Settings >> Hub Details? Knowing that you had a power outage, the hub's internal time may have drifeted off, which would prevent the hub to connect to the cloud. Once you set the time from brower allow a few hours to see if the hub reconnects. (As long as you can access the hub's interface, you don't need to change any network settings or to run Soft Reset).

1 Like

Time looked good, if it was off it was off by seconds not minutes, I updated it from browser. So we will see what happens.

2 Likes

I hae seen this before the DNS server is not correct or the one that is registered isn't getting though. There is a back door DNS command for hubitat.

http://hub/advanced/resetResolvConf?nameserver=x.x.x.x

Even though 1.1.1.1 showed up in network settings or was handed out by the DHCP server I wouldn't be able to connect to any cloud services. Once I set it though that URL the hub was able to connect to cloud services.

3 Likes

was that with a c5?

I forgot about that endpoint myself.

Sorry just having some trouble entering that endpoint. I assume I put my local hub address in for where it says "hub" and leave the rest the same?

Still no cloud this morning.

Replace the "x.x.x.x" with "1.1.1.1"

Doing that gives me this:
Screenshot from 2022-07-04 09-47-19

Tagging @gopher.ny

Try Settings - Network setup, Switch back to DHCP section with these DNS server names:

8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 9.9.9.9

2 Likes

Thanks, gopher. Fixed.

Thanks to everyone for their help!!!

4 Likes