Not able to Connect to Hubitat Cloud

Currenlty on 2.3.2.128 with a C5. Unable to update to the latest version as my HE stays on the "Checking for updates..." screen for multiple hours.

Go to settings>>Network and change it from AUTO to 100 and see if that fixes it. Also are you running a static ip or on DHCP?

1 Like

Any network/networking changes since you updated to .128?

1 Like

Reboot the hub and try again?

1 Like

Fixes more problems than anything else in the world, except for hugs.

1 Like

1 Like

My hub is most definitely connected to my router. I can access it by its local IP address. My router definitely has an internet connection, I can browse the internet. But my Hubitat is not connected to the internet. Can't do notifications, can't check for updates, can't do backups.

Currently using "Static IP Address".

I did have a power outage, power surge about a week and half ago (Lightning strike close by). Most of the computers in my house needed to be rebooted, and my DHCP in my router seemed messed up. But everything connected back up and has a great internet connection, other than my HE. Having said this, my HE is most definitely connected to my router, and wouldn't be able to access it if it wasn't.

Multiple reboots makes no difference.

You might wish to try a soft reset followed by a database restore. The one time I've seen this issue was when one of my hubs had a corrupted database.

1 Like

Is there a guide on how to do this procedure.

Yes.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

Pay close attention to the last section titled "Restoring a previous database"

1 Like

Tried a soft reset and a restore, still my hub is not connected to the internet. Although it is connected to my router, and my router is connected to the internet.

Another odd thing is there doesn't seem to be a hub connected to my account anymore (I have only ever had the one Hub that I have right now, a C5). Clicking on "My Account>Registered Hubs" gives me this screen:
Screenshot from 2022-07-03 17-16-15

Clicking on "Find Hubs" gives me this never ending screen:

Clicking on Advanced Discovery actually finds my hub, (When I put in my local ip address of my hub)

Clicking on "Connect to Hub" brings me back to my home screen and if I click again on registered hubs I am back again to my first screenshot.

I would press the reset on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds. This resets your network settings. Use a dhcp reservation instead of dhcp and I can almost guarantee it will take 30 seconds to update the hub

1 Like

There is no reset button that is obviously visible on my C5, is there instructions for this somewhere, thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to help. At least I now have a quick way to check if my problem is fixed. If I click on the little cloud symbol at the top right of any hubitat screen I get this:
Screenshot from 2022-07-03 17-36-03

Not sure why the Cloud connection is unavailable. (I live in Canada). But at least I can now quickly check if my problem is fixed. Which it is not!

Holding the reset button in for 10 seconds did not fix the problem.

Do you have a vlan going on?

Nope. The only different thing with my network is my brother-in-law is visiting from Sweden so on 1 specific computer he is running a vpn (Mullvad VPN) so he can watch his Eurosport subscription. This vpn was installed on a windows computer NOT on the router.

Checking my IP address on the computer I am currently typing on, shows me as having a Shaw connection right in Winnipeg. I live in Winnipeg and Shaw is my Internet provider.

Something is actively blocking the hub from getting through your router. The fact that you can see it and you are now getting dhcp after hitting the reset button rules out the hub itself. If you did reset the hub back to static after that switch your dns to 1.1.1.1 instead of 8.8.8.8 but overall best practice is to use a dhcp reservation to issue a ip to the hub

1 Like

Still can't connect to the cloud

@bobbyD any advice?