Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Thank you, i will have to subscribe to that thread.

Such flexibility and integration.. I've been rewriting my rules as apps to reduce overhead but now am thinking about seeing how much I can do using Node-RED instead.

1 Like

The only rules I have still on Hubitat are ones that rely on a Cloud Endpoint. I recreated every other rule to Node Red. The best thing is that if you are having trouble creating a rule, one of us has probably already done one similar and we can export our flow and you can import. CAN'T DO THAT WITH RM!!!

3 Likes

Yes, it is. However, this is an issue that many of us have occasionally run into with when renewing cookies for AlexaTTS (and maybe Echo Speaks). @dan.t came up with a fix for the AlexaTTS cookie renewal issue.

1 Like

I suggest looking at https://webhookrelay.com/ for this and they have a Node-RED palette that's super simple and works very well. I use this currently for GPS tracking and other Cloud system integrations.

I know the developer and he's a great guy and a small business so I like to support him. Most people can use the free service without any problems but if you need A LOT more connections or data like me then it's not very expensive.

3 Likes

@jeubanks, I think I tried this out a while back (with owntracks I believe). If I remember correctly it required forwarding a port to you NR instance for it to work. There was a reason I stopped using it and I believe that was it. Please correct me if I'm wrong or if this requirement has changed.

I am not complaining about the 7-10 rules I still have on HE using Cloud Endpoints. They work and I am glad it doesn't require any port forwarding. HOWEVER, if it ever does come to a point where I want to get rid of RM completely, I will take a look at webhookrelay.com. Thank you.

There's no port forwarding involved. The agent running stand alone or the Node-RED integration makes the outbound connection to create the tunnel.

1 Like

Awesome...I'll take a look at this again then. Thanks.

1 Like

I tried Home Assistant for about 2 weeks and that was a YAML mess!!! However, I just built a couple of multi-sensors (lux, temp, and humidity) with Tasmotized NodeMCU boards and it's awesome how easy it is to get data from those sensors outputting MQTT into HE using Node Red. I had created a thread a few months ago asking people how many systems everyone was using in their Home Automation and it's amazing how many of those systems can be linked together easily in Node Red. To keep this thread on topic, the Hubitat Nodes were that final piece for me and made it much easier than a bunch of HTTP Requests.

I trying to set up a couple of motion sensors to turn on lights when enter the zone and turn off lights when leaving the zone? Thanks

Make your Motion Change Node Active for one branch and Inactive for other branch based on msg.payload.value. Then, from Active branch, turn the Bedroom Light Downstair ON and from Inactive branch, turn Bedroom Light Downstair off. If you need to add a delay to the off to make sure light doesn't turn off if you stop moving, you can.

Thanks @stephen_nutt I will change it and try it.

This is a tiny part of a larger flow. I'm got a conundrum.

I have 2 lights that I want turned on when it's dark outside, regardless of movement downstairs. I've got a global variable beginning this flow that is lux_out: dark/bright I also want it to turn off, only after 5 minutes of the global variable being "bright" so it doesnt switch on/off around the lux trigger value. The global variable updates every 5 minutes when the lux sensor updates. Problem is that during daylight, every 5 minutes, the global variable re-sends "bright", and the stop timer doesnt ever countdown to zero, meaning the light stays on all day. I've tried the RBE node, but it only works on messages, not global variables. Any thoughts?

Dark exits: top is dark; bottom is bright

I want to give this a try and I only have one RasPI which have HOOBS with OS installed on it.

Will I be able to install Red Node along side with HOOBS?

From what I read on HOOBS website, It's OS that it using is based on Raspbian Stretch Lite.

Anyone else here running Red Node side by side with HOOBS?

I love what has been done here and am only scratching the surface so far. Not sure where you are looking of errors to be reported, but here is one that I have encountered. It is not a big deal, just me exploring many options.

The background is that I have Echo Speaks and have an echo dot. It looks like there is a problem with the device node handling what gets returned when the attribute audioTrackData is show from that echo when it is playing music. Here is there error message from the debug window:
3/28/2020, 11:09:45 PMnode: Echo - Officemsg : string[340]

"Unable to cast to dataType. Open an issue to report back the following output: JSON_OBJECT: "{"title":"Voyager","artist":"The Alan Parsons Project","albumArtUrl":"https://is5-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Music128/v4/2b/50/81/2b5081c8-6503-2488-49e0-86105eaae4f6/078221822527.jpg/500x500bb.jpeg\",\"mediaSource\":\"Apple Music"}""

Feel free to say report this via Github and I will figure out exactly how to do that. Circling back to the beginning, this selection of nodes on this pallete are phenomenally useful.

@mike Can you post a picture of more of that flow incl. the part with global variable?

I wanted to update my post and share what i found ..

https://hoobs.org/knowledge-base/install-node-red-on-hoobs/

1 Like

I can if you want, but it's rather complicated. I figured it out. Rather than work out the 5 min delay in that flow with lights (too complicated), I changed the global variable itself to delay changing by 5 minutes. It makes all the other flows that rely on that GV better as well.

I've only just finished it, so it's not tidy, but here it is.

Holy &@$#! You were right to just post the little snippet in 1st post. That is a complicated flow and tough to follow. I don't have any flows that are even close to that level of complexity. I need to step up my game. I'm glad you figured it out.