Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Here is complete msg object which looks just like msg.payload Debug version:

And this time, i used a Function Node to set msg.payload:

That's very strange.. maybe reboot your NR server?

also that still doesn't look like the complete object in debug.. should say "msg: Object" not "msg.payload: Object"

Could this be related to the NR nodes for Hubitat? Just started getting these (I think) on my C-7 HE...

That IP address is my laptop where I run NR and Homebridge with the Maker API

Could be either NR or HB, but one of them has a couple of devices defined that no longer have a corresponding device (or they no longer have access to the devices) in HE. Did you remove a couple of devices without updating one of them? May also need to update MakerAPI if you did.

1 Like

I have a Qnap NAS, I currently have it on a UPS to which I have it set that if the UPS has lost power for 10 minutes to begin shutting down the NAS.

I would like to via Node Red(which is ran on the same NAS)/Maker api before the server shuts down to send a shutdown command to all 3 of my HE hubs.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Do you have hub login security?

No

Great - then you can use the http access node to send a POST request like this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 6.30.30 PM

(obviously replacing the IP address ...)

What would I use as the trigger node for when power is lost via the UPS?

Ahh ..... I don't have a QNAP. Is it running apcupsd? Can you see if there is a directory called /etc/apcupsd?

I don't see that directory right off hand. Here is what the screen looks like on the shutting down of the nas from a power outage it does have an IP Notify section below at which I have my hubs addresses listed, but don't see that it does much for "a notifcation"

Would it be possible with sending a notification to the node red IP address and maybe an http get or something?

I found a way. I broke my cardinal rule of not searching the forum before asking and turns out this has already been accomplished here. QNAP NAS Integrations for UPS Monitoring, NodeRed, Home Bridge, etc

1 Like

any one else have any problem with Node Red not working after the latest hub firmware update. I can see the device changing on the Hubitat hub but it just not transferring over to Node Red? I create a new token, but that didn't work either? any suggestion or idea's on what I can try. Thanks

I just upgraded my C-5 and it seems to be working. Have not done my C-7 yet though. I'll do that in a bit and report back.

Maybe reboot your NR server for giggles.

Thanks I got it working? I was having a senior moment.

1 Like

Not sure if this is a 2.2.7 platform update or a HE Node Red thing?

But ALL my virtual Omni-Sensors in Hubitat now wont take a number from Node Red for Humidity via Maker API. It works for temperature, but not humidity. Nothing has changed for me, apart from 2.2.7

@aaiyar You might find some errors, if you send humidity from zigbee2mqtt to Hubitat.
@bravenel Bruce, you the Maker API expert?

I didn't see a note about this in the release notes, but that said,... Hubitat has said many times humidity has to be an INTEGER, not a decimal.

Maybe they finally changed the virtual driver to only accept integers for humidity. That's my strong suspicion since this just came up earlier this week.

3 Likes

Looks like the attribute type of number (integer) is being enforced.

Edit: Jason types faster....:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well... js/groovy variable type "number" includes floats... :wink:

So I would say they are now enforcing it to be specifically an integer. Just a guess though. @bravenel would probably know if the in-box omni sensor driver was changed, or not, for sure.

1 Like

From what I recall for Hubitat:

number —> integer
decimal —> float