Node-RED nodes for hubitat

See, you could have just gone back and edited your previous post and totally screwed with @MRobi though. "What misalignment? I don't see it." Missed opportunity. :wink: hehe

2 Likes

Pfft, your HTTP request does NOT align with the input nodes nor is it equidistant between the debug nodes. OCD rookie :roll_eyes:

:rofl:

As I have mentioned many times in reference to the Function Node, if I can do it with NR Nodes, why write something that resembles code? I can do some Visual Basic work but that's it.

EDIT: After it was pointed out, I realized that this post was poorly written. I did not mean any disrespect to @johnwick. I was being sarcastic but added nothing to clarify that.

None of you OCDers will be able to unsee this!

3 Likes

Nor have a chance of understanding it until it's cleaned up! :rofl:

But I do love spaghetti! With garlic bread, please. :wink:

1 Like

This is sort of unrelated, but I'm pretty excited about this and thought I'd share. I've moved all of my automation to node-red and off of the various apps installed on my C5 hub. Since then, I've now gotten 8 plus days of operation without a hub reboot.

That may not excite anyone else, but dammit, I had to share!

7 Likes

I am at 11 days. I have not seen behaviour like this for quite a while :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Huh? I was saying that you automated something you were going to have to do again and thought that was a great idea. It doesn't matter how you accomplish it. I never even mentioned a function node, so I don't know where the animosity is coming from.

Clearly no one on this forum can have a conversation without being offended. I tried to break in and talk with folks I thought I could but clearly I was wrong. I'll go back to never posting.

@johnwick My apologies. I went back and re-read my post and I should have added some smilies. I was being sarcastic. I am doing my best to avoid any coding (like w/ Function Nodes) and have made that comment in many posts so learning to write a script is above and beyond my level of expertise.

Once again, I am sorry. Totally my fault.

2 Likes

I would call your flow a script as well. That's where you're misunderstanding me. A script is not just a list of code, at least in my mind. It was pretty clear if you read my comment that I thought what you had done was good. So, i still don't understand where you saw criticism.

Again, I am sorry. I never saw any criticism in your post. And, in my mind, a script is writing code like Groovy, JSON, etc.

And I thought it was @JasonJoel making your comment because you both have the "J" in a blue circle and we have exchanged multiple notes about me using Function Nodes.

1 Like

I just think it's funny that he is saying that everyone sensitive on here, but he's the one that took your post the wrong way and got worked up...

Irony!

Let's all hug it out. :slight_smile: peace and love, peace and love.

2 Likes

OK, new game, find all of the "mistakes" that I made. Only those w/ OCD may play. This is how I monitor all of my devices that involved MQTT.

Whatever suits you best.

I spend quite a bit of my personal time on here helping others. If you don't like the way I help, please feel free to put me on mute.

1 Like

When you are posting in a public forum, by definition it is everyone's business. Have a great day.

And you're right, my post helped about as much as your post. If you had a problem with what one person said, you should have pm.'ed them instead of posting it in the public forum for all to comment on.

But never fear, I added you to my ignore list. So I won't see your posts at all, and I would recommend you do the same to my profile if I annoy you so greatly.

1 Like

Oh, please! You make it too easy to get me to play. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

I cant get the first export section of your circadian lighting routine to work, it says there's an error, possibly due to the forum formatting? "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: expected ',' or '}' after property value in object at line 1 column 8936 of the JSON data'

Hiyah. Not sure how to fix that. I just did an export and pasted it directly into the editor. Sorry about the trouble. Maybe someone else can assist.

When I eventually move all of my devices to my new C-7 hub, I assume that I will have to go thru every Hubitat Node and correct the device since Decide IDs will change whether I transition manually or use the upcoming migration tool.

Please tell me I am wrong!!! :grinning:

I was just about to point you to this recent post by Bruce, which I'd hoped would remove the need do change all the Device IDs, but I just realized that what this post describes is a way to preserve (or re-assign) old Device Network IDs (DNIs) on the new hub. Apparently this will allow your Hubitat automations to continue to work on the new hub. However, I notice that the NR nodes use the Device ID as identifiers, and not the DNIs, so I guess this wouldn't help us.

However, one great thing about NR is that we can also edit our flows in text editors (via export and import), which means you could do some find-and-replace-ing to change the Device IDs in your flows. You might even find a way to do it throw a NR flow :wink: haha. Or, failing that, I believe we can edit our flow files directly, making it easier than export/importing each flow.

EDIT: I forgot to include a link to the post:

1 Like