Node-RED nodes for hubitat

I haven't used that node. So I don't know.

However, looking at this:

https://flows.nodered.org/flow/97f8f92e0ba8b597ad82

It seems like it can monitor a URL for a specific phrase, and then perform actions based on its presence/absence.

Thank you, also where might I find my app I’d and token?

I presume for the Hubitat nodes? @fblackburn has detailed instructions in the first/introductory post of this thread.

@aaiyar I’ve spent all day attempting to get harmony connected. It auto finds the up, but then “request fails”.
Thank you in advance

When making a “door open, lights on. Door closed, lights off” I’d be better off using simple lighting or else I’d have to polo hubitat every second or so for the sensor state? There’s no way to get auto “state change” nodes?

When the node-red hubitat nodes are setup and working correctly, status updates from hubitat are sent to node-red automatically - no polling needed. When node-red is receiving the Maker API events, like it is supposed to, the node-red hubitat DEVICE node will update and send out status msgs.

You can easily test this by making a simple flow with a device and a debug node, and then toggle the device from Hubitat. You should get msgs, as shown on the right side of the picture below.

And here is a simple example of a door open=lights on, door closed=lights off flow:

The optional portion checks to see if the light is on/off before turning it off/on. So if it is already off, don't bother sending the off command to hubitat, and vice versa.

3 Likes

Thanks, I owe ya one

1 Like

Which harmony integration are you using? There are at least two for Node-RED. I'm using the websocket one, and I've never seen that error.

It will install 5 nodes on your palette.

Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 4.04.16 PM

From your screenshot, I think you have a different harmony integration (one that uses xmpp).

1 Like

Ok, mines is broke, :disappointed:. It only reports status after I redeploy

Worked, I’m so excited. Wow that observer node isn’t as str8 forward as I thought

1 Like

Then go back to the 1st post, make sure you followed the installation instructions fully. Make sure you setup the webhook correctly, make sure you put in the node-red ip address (not Hubitat) for the webhook.

1 Like

Yeah the configuration can be misleading. In the Server field you must no set the scheme (http://) and your config is correct. But in the Node-RED field, you must set the scheme : http://192.168.1.237:1880 and click on Configure webhook

1 Like

Seriously, hubitat couldn’t function without members like you and @aaiyar. Like what layman would figure that out?

@aaiyar the hue work around wouldn’t work, it wouldn’t let me link those buttons to an activity

Thanks for this

Thanks for this. I was nearly there. I had everything but the single quotation marks inside the Jsonata expresssion. Your example got me there. Also, your debug node taught me something as well, Thanks!

2 Likes

No worries! I'm glad you found it helpful.

I've now had a chance to have a good look through most of your thermostat flow. I can see why you didn't post it directly! haha

You're right, though, that it's not as complicated as it first looks. It's fairly easy to follow by going through step-by-step, and I'm getting some ideas about things to try.

I have a question about some of your use of MQTT nodes. There are a few places where I see you send out a value to MQTT, and then you use an "MQTT in" for the same topic as a trigger at the start of a different sequence. Are you primarily doing this to use MQTT as a persistent store for these values, or is it because you want those values for something else in MQTT (eg. dashboard or logging)?

1 Like

Does anyone know if there's a way to catch errors and look at them later? Currently, I'm pushing my errors to my phone via Pushover, but I dont really need to know instantly. I just want to review them later.