Node-RED nodes for hubitat

No go. Stopped and Started and refreshed the webhook.

I guess I'll just restore from backup.
and try again when I have more time.

Thanks for the help.
Restored yesterdays backup and working again.

Just curious - would the "Catch" node trap it? I have a few flows that write to a MySQL DB and I rebooted the computer that hosts the db forgetting to pause these flows. I got spammed by my error handler! I haven't used it in my HE flows and I'm wondering if I should...

Maybe. Even then, though, you would still need to send it somewhere to view the full details - to a file, pushover, somewhere. Not as necessary now that I found the full PM2 logs so can just go look... :wink:

Yeah - I already have a "Notification" sub-flow using Pushover (transitioning to SMS/Email) that I use when some scheduled flows run (backup, restart etc.), so I would just use that.

2 Likes

Fix version 1.7.2 released

• fix empty dropdown when you have httpAdminRoot or NR credential configured
    More information in this debugging thread
6 Likes

Wanted to report an issue with Node-RED update 1.3.0-1.3.3.

If you are using the MQTT Aedes broker node + MQTT nodes then you might experience some "Close timed out" errors on deploy. This is because Node-RED shuts down the Aedes broker before closing the MQTT nodes. This in turn causes the MQTT Nodes to generate an error due to being unable to close the connection to the Aedes broker.

1 Like

Sorry for the rookie question here but what is the copy paste method?

So like if you drag your mouse pointer over a select group of nodes and hit the delete keyboard key they disappear.

Can you do the same with copying nodes drag your mouse pointer over a group of them and click " what "???

Yes - Standard copy/paste controls - ctrl-c/v or cmd-c/v

The right-click does not work for me.

3 Likes

There is a "right-click" style menu, but I have only ever done it on a touchscreen device by long pressing. It is basically a radial menu with various options, but I can't seem to access it with a kb/m. If anyone knows how I would love to know.

There are also a ton of shortcuts/hotkeys that you can bind to do various things in the settings menu:

2 Likes

Thanks that saved a bunch of time

2 Likes

The visual design aspect + copying and pasting makes flow/sequence maintenance and updating a great experience. Also subflows are good too - can eliminate a lot of redundancy.

3 Likes

Yeah subflows and link-ins/outs are all great ways to reuse the same sequences and on a more advanced level, you can have each subflow have user editable parameters so each instance can be slightly different.

For instance, I have a sort of database that holds all variables associated with my modes, so there is a room subflow that sets all variables for the particular rooms and in the mode subflow, there are multiple instances of the room subflow and then I modify things like level, volume, color temperature, setpoints, etc. for the given mode, and for the given rooms. Then I just pop that mode subflow in wherever I want to use that data, say for instance in a motion lighting sequence, and copy the data to where it needs to go for the endpoints and everything is already setup. And if I need to modify it, I only need to change it one place.

2 Likes

I've been ignoring this for months now since it isn't an actual error, figured I would deal with it now.

Where do I go to find out what node red determines is "device (78)"?

node red

78 should be the Hubitat device ID (which isn’t normally visible unless you have an app that exposes it -Device Characteristics App), but it may be easier to just look at your devices and deduce which may have a pressure attribute.

I have a few that have pressure, if it's referring to barometric pressure. I have 2 weather stations and a few virtual devices.

I tried that app when I select any device (like one of the weather stations) and try to select device characteristics, it pops up "Unexpected Error"

Try importing it again (I just refreshed the code from my hub copy)

If you just want to see what device #x is, then you can enter the URL directly:
http://-hub ip-/device/edit/-device#-

4 Likes

I’d forgotten about that one...

I usually cheat and go to a device detail, then just edit the url and replace the device# with the one I'm looking for, instead of typing the whole url by hand.

3 Likes