Node-RED nodes for hubitat

msg.command = "on/off/etc" = your friend!

Thank you for your feedback, it's really appreciated.
I edited the first post to include a warning section for those who have never used node-red before. I redirect them to Node-RED tutorials :laughing:
I hope it will help next readers

Honestly I don't like to copy/paste the result into documentation. Because code can change and the documentation can be out of date. For this reason, I prefer recommending debug node usage

Firstly, I wrote this post to only share the hubitat module for those who already used Node-RED. But it interested many more people who were not using Node-RED (but how to do not falling for the beautiful screenshots/result). Which is really nice :grin:

2 Likes

How would that help understand the question that I asked? event.value =msg.payload.value? That's in the Node-Red tutorials? You'd think I was asking for the library of congress over here. The doc is already generated....@dan.t showed it. A simple pointer to that would work. I really don't get this pushback. We've spent more time talking about it than it would have taken for me to write a dissertation on the topic at this point.

The first tutorial explains how to use debug node and the debug node will show you the message

1 Like

Clearly you don't want feedback. Noted.

Please refer to your comments made in this post. It's time to stop now. This dialogue is going nowhere. Please stay on track.

6 Likes

The node-red tutorials show the end user how to look at any message using a debug node. That is all you need for any node-red node to understand what the output is, and is fundamental to node-red.

I do understand what you are asking for. But I believe the author is saying that the output is self-documenting by looking at the output in a debug node. Maybe that could be made clearer in the OP somehow, but nothing obvious is coming to mind.

So it isn't that he doesn't want feedback, in fact he has made many changes based on user feedback, it is that he disagrees with you that it needs to be documented in the OP.

And, for the record, he DID take your feedback and subsequently made a change to the OP. Just not the exact change you wanted. :man_shrugging:

EDIT: Oops, that was redundant with what @fblackburn said.

2 Likes

How is that useful?

Sorry, i just don't understand attitude like that.... good luck with your NR endeavors or whatever you want, I can assure you that neither I or others were after pissing you off for whatever reason you felt slighted

I cannot say enough how much i appreciate some of your contributions (example: IKEA blinds) but a majority of your really apparently-at-worst-angry and at-best-passive-aggressive posts are really perplexing... this whole Hubitat thing doesn't appear very fun for you, i wish it was, it would be so much better for everyone because you do have programming talent.

1 Like

I guess the last thing I would say on this, is that if anything isn't obvious and clear, there are many users in here that try to answer questions - whether they are Hubitat node specific or not.

So, for anyone - if there is ever a question that you can't figure out, just ask for help. Hopefully someone else on here will know the answer and be able to help.

Peace and love. :heart:

1 Like

To get this thread back on the rails, why are the icons on some of the Hubitat Nodes now on the right? Originally, they were all on the left.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Instigator! :slight_smile:

It has to do with gozintas and gozoutas. (ok, technically not, but I just wanted to say gozinta).

3 Likes

Isn't it "read only is on left" and "command-able is on right"? that's the way I've always seen it anyways

4 Likes

I'm getting some odd behavior when I change from RGB to CT - the first time it does not take but the second time it does.. everything else seems to work well. This may be an Amazon Echo thing but wanted to give you a heads up.

You have to ask Carole Baskin for that....

3 Likes

Now who is trying to get this thread off the rails???? I am embarrassed to admit that I know who you are talking about. I made it thru episode 1 and about 10 minutes into episode 2 before I had to stop.

2 Likes

ok gurus! I'm sure this is simple, but cant work it out!!
I'm moving my notifications over and have the following!

I get notifications just fine on my phone when the contact sensor is open, but i also get them when the mode changes, regardless of contact sensor state.
Should the open/closed switch be after the mode switch?
And to cancel the timer, when switch is closed, is the change node in the correct spot, with set msg.payload to stop?
EDIT: Stop timer definitely wrong! Ignore!

Open up the mode node, and uncheck "send events"

Beforehand, note the shape of the blue box at the bottom of the Mode Node, it means sending events when the mode changes (like a HE trigger). The blue box will become hollow when it doesnt "send events"

2 Likes

Thanks @mike
Knew it would be simple....i actually thought of that, but was looking at the switch nodes. Didnt think to look at mode node......Thanks
Btw, the status blue box remained solid!

Thanks @JasonJoel. I just had the problem again. That's 4 days in a row. It seems to change to evening and night mode. But won't change to day until I reboot node red.

That is bizarre. Are you sure the logic that is triggering day mode is triggering when you expect? Does that same set mode work if you trigger it manually with an inject node?

I'm trying to understand if it is really s hubitat node issue, or some other quirk in the flow.

My modes are all changing, so I don't know of an issue with hubitat set mode node, but that doesn't mean there isn't... No one else has reported set mode not working for them, though.