Node-RED nodes for hubitat

With help from @JasonJoel on another thread, I was able to add option to disable logging of this kind of stuff that is referenced on line 60 that you mentioned:

I changed app code at these 2 spots:

However, I am trying to get rid of this in my logs and I don't recognize where that is in either of the apps' code.

just search in the code for
log.debug
and put the
if (logEnable)
in front of it.

Wait - what is "Server: http://192.168.1.170"?

The sequence I posted is to retrieve information for a device that is paired to Hubitat. Not directly from a LAN/WLAN connected device.

That is my Hubitat server IP address.

I did that to get rid of the first part but it's the log entries in the last image that start "Refreshed attributes of device..." that I am trying to get rid of and can't find that anywhere in code.

In 2nd image above, the return on line 67 returns info that appears in my Location Node in NR.

I digress because I am derailing the subject of this thread. I will keep digging. Sorry.

pm me the app code that you are using and I take a quick look

You sure it is coming from the app, and not one of the drivers? I can't see in the log you posted.

It is app 356

Yup, I see that now in the last log - I was looking at the 1st one. Oops. :slight_smile:

I took a quick look at konnected. It comes with two apps, the "Konnected Devices" which you have already changed and the "Konnected Service Manager"
The "Konnected Service Manager" code has also several log.debug statements in there and it actually has the one that you are looking for. You can do the same thing here. Add the input line for "logEnable" and then add the "if (logEnable)" in front of the log.debug statements.

i think i found it. It was in a section of the child app's code about Device Discovery so I was going right past it because all of my Konnected devices were already discovered. As usual, user error & lack of understanding of Groovy. Sorry about that. If I have logging turned off in parent app, I assume that carries over to any children apps.

EDIT: Now back to normally scheduled broadcasting of talking about Hubitat Nodes in Node Red. Sorry again to derail.

? That's not how my setup is, or any other that I've seen.

Does anyone know what the format is for "color_map" entry on a command node for rgb[w] devices?

I'm having a dickens of a time trying to figure out syncing a virtual rgbw bulb with a "real" one.. I can't even seem to get past the second step.. (first being on/off) of actually changing the color of a bulb with a simple inject and no syncing.

My current thinking is I could easily lookup the incoming color name and translate it to a color_map and call setColor... something like this:

colorName = "purple" = color_map = "[hue:277,saturation:87,level:53]"

When I put "[hue:277,saturation:87,level:53]" in the arguments field for setColor and do an inject nothing happens but I also don't get an error either. mmm I wonder if its a maker api issue. yep getting errors so I must be formatting this wrong.. tried a bunch of different ways..

Maker API doesn't support it yet. That's why in my sequence, I send Hue, Saturation, and Level separately.

1 Like

Ah okay that explains it..

yeah I was trying to do it your way as well and was getting all sorts of goofy things from the virtual rgbw switch - multiple hue events firing on color change but not saturation or level BUT the extraneous hue events values did seem to contain sat and level - weird. Still messing with this.

edit: aaannddd step 2 complete! thanks

1 Like

Wow, the amount of stuff going on around this thread is mind-dizzying... maybe some day when Hubitat takes N-R seriously there could be a sub forum (ooops: "category") or something, it's tough to handle/filter out conversations/issues on one monster thread. It's just going to get worse as more people realize the awesomeness of Nod-RED thanks to this fantastic palette

4 Likes

Does anyone using Hue-Magic have any clue with this is supposed to be/do? It's got CSS stuff referencing "color-namer" but I don't see anything in any documentation for it

@aaiyar I have four Hubitat Hub and they all use the ip address? How are you setting up yours?

By IP address, but then its saved as a config node. So it doesn't show the raw address like your device does - instead I have the name assigned to that configuration.

Thanks again @aaiyar!! Got everything working... here is a pic of the sequence. I could probably shorten the delay a bit. Also decided to do the switching stuff in the function - it also stores states as a flow dictionary object but I am not using that right now.

Note: this is currently going to office lights for testing..

1 Like