Node Red HE Flow Organization

Looking for the best way to organize my flows with lights, fans, life360, Sonos and Alexa. Any feedback to share? :slight_smile:

Just name them logically and consider putting comment nodes where appropriate.

Then navigate everything with CTRL-F... Don't bother worrying about flow and tab layouts.

I like having a few specific tabs.. things like "Control", "Main Floor", "Upstairs", "Testing" and even a "Trash" tab which is a disabled flow - I park old rewritten sequences there temporarily in case I need to bring them back.

Also recommend looking into "subflows" - they are great for keeping your sequences consistent and efficient..

2 Likes

Far too much OCD here to just let it rip and search :wink: . I use named tabs as well. I listed a few for ideas. Just started playing with subflows but certainly a +1 there!

2 Likes

Same here with specific tabs. Like:
Masterbed
Kids bed
Living
Notifications
Set mode
Alexa control
Random flows - this has random flows that i import from various posts to poke around and use for ideas..

1 Like

Workspace (what I'm working on)
Globals/Home
Home Tech (for backing up HE hubs, node Red, monitoring zigbee stuff, monitoring alarm etc)
Downstairs
Upstairs
Outside
Sonos (Groupings) - auto joining Sonos speakers based on motion
Notifications
Dash

1 Like

do share, ...please? If Sonos playing, and motion on porch add speaker, no motion x minutes remove?
:drooling_face:

Maybe post that in the Node-RED Flows/Samples thread... :wink:

2 Likes

Sure, I'll post it over there now. I have posted an earlier version of the flows in the Hubitat Node Red thread, but that was long before the recent Node-Red Sonos Node upgrade, where everything changed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.