Node-Red Flow Samples/Sharing

Simply to put the required delay in there rather than in NR with timer and stop timer node (or similar). It's more beneficial when you need multiple sensors but I just find it cleaner logic wise to do anyway.

Ah, OK, in that case, forget everything I just typed! :grinning:

1 Like

I think the idea was because it was off-topic for a while is all so making a linked thread to clean things up could be smart.

1 Like

Well - I think I found a node that does exactly what I do with that code, so scratch what I typed as well!! :rofl:

1 Like

As usual with NR there are always more ways to skin a cat!

1 Like

Here is a good thread of common palette choices which may come in handy when you are on the hunt.

1 Like

Take a look at this timer:

6 Likes

i’ll second the stoptimer-varidelay. i tried several timer nodes and that one is the best. it counts down below the node, and it will remember long delays through a reboot too.

4 Likes

Does anyone know of a way to send a notification to the HE app (on iPhone) from Node-red? I use Pushover for some notification (only to my phone) but I know I will get pushback if I ask family members to install "yet another app". Currently, I am using the Notification app on HE.

I can't answer that for you but my choice for sending messages to my phone from NR has been to send email to my provider's email-to-sms gateway (vtext.com, for Verizon) and I get it on my phone.

3 Likes

Same here. We keep a running list.

7 Likes

So I'm in good company, then - with @LosinIt and @TechMedX!

4 Likes

If you have your phone exposed to NR via Maker then it's an option in NR. This works for me.

6 Likes

Email-to-SMS is definitely the way to go. You can even use msg.topic to give your SMS notifications a bolded subject as seen below.

Everyone’s phone receives SMS/MMS - no special app required. And SMS/MMS is platform/carrier agnostic. And this is a reliable as using any other notification service (HE app, Pushover, Twilio, etc).

3 Likes

Yep yep

@aaiyar Are you using HTML markup to make it bold? Or this that an iPhone thing? Mine comes in between parens for Android

2 Likes

Must be an iPhone thing. I'm definitely not using HTML markup.

But I believe that @rakeshg is an iOS kind-a-guy!

2 Likes

This works perfectly!! Thanks so much...

2 Likes

If they had a Wi-Fi analyzer 1/2 as good as any of the ones available for droid I MIGHT consider one.

My guess is Apple doesn't allow devs direct access to the wireless card needed for such an app. All I know is they have none (if someone has a decent one please share), and I use one all the time for AP deployment and location RSSI testing.

2 Likes

Yep - all in with Apple :laughing: BTW - the solution from @wecoyote5 was exactly what I was looking for (plugs right into HE app notification). Since all my Node-red stuff is currently HE related, this works.

1 Like

Did they every make it so there was a log or list of them? I stopped using it since every time I got them it was a tease. When I went to check them, they were gone.