"No response" using new HomeKit integration (beta)

Next time you reboot them give it a good 30 mins until you add the HomeKit integration devices. Not saying it going to fix anything but that's helped me in the past, seems like the hubs take a while to work things out at first.

Ah, ok - interesting. Well, I'll keep an eye on things in-between work :slight_smile: Might have a chance this evening to do another clean go at it with a longer delay.

I have the same issue. I used the apple profile to nuke my system, and added just the hubitat integration. That worked. However, the moment I added a hub (HomePod mini, HomePod OG, or appleTV), I get no response. Remove the one and only hub...it works again.

I have over 200 devices, and many hubs / HomePods / apple tv's, so this was daunting to rebuild, but it needed it.

Regardless, homebridge V2 works perfectly with hubitat, so I will stay with that for now.

1 Like

Yeah, you might be on to something there. All bridge traffic has to go through the Home hub since last iOS, I think ... and for me, not having a Home hub is a non-starter (and probably soon will be for the majority of folks ..), because you can't share your home anymore w/o a Home hub (I don't recall that being a restriction in the past, but it definitely is now).

Those of you who updated to the new HomeKit architecture in iOS 16.2 beta: did you also update your HomeKit hubs to run the 16.2 beta? This seems to be required for the whole system to function properly. Look about halfway down this article:

Personally, I'm waiting until 16.2 is out of beta before I dive into the new architecture. For comparison, I'm not having the persistent Not responding issues with Hubitat's native HomeKit integration.

When I updated to the new HK architecture, I tried for awhile to track down a HomePod mini update but didn't have any luck - whether or not I enabled "beta updates" on them, there were no updates available. I can certainly look again, but it's odd that every other bridge device works fine, but not HE's integration. For reference, I'm running the following bridges: Homebridge, Scrypted, Lutron Caseta, Ecobee (technically a bridge for all the sensors), and Eve Extend.

Fair point.

Heh, just checked and apparently somewhere in my nightmare nuking of Home on Sunday, everything appears to be updated - both HomePod minis show 16.2.

Mine were all on 16.2 for a couple weeks before I pulled the trigger on the optional HomeKit upgrade. It didn’t effect any of my other bridges either.

Yes. All Apple devices here are 16.2; 2 iPhones, 1 Apple TV 4K, and 3 HomePod minis

Yup as soon as I updated the Home app it all started working for me. Woo!

I'm on 2.3.4.116 and just updated my home pod's to 16.2 beta 4. Tried the integration again and still devices show no response. I'm trying 2 devices (see screenshot).

All my other Hubitat devices are synced to HomeKit thru home assistant via maker api.

This is a known issue. @gopher.ny is working on it as he was able to replicate the problem.

1 Like

I was having issues until, in the Home app there was an option under "Home Settings" to do an update. I did that update and everything started working. Note I am running iOS 16.2 beta don't know if that part will make a difference or not but give it a shot if you see that option in the app.

That’s what seemed to trigger everything to stop working in my case. I installed the update a couple weeks ago and BOOM, unresponsive. Also on beta 4 like the previous person posted.

1 Like

Weird.

The weird part is that my 2 homebridge instances (6 child bridges) and 2 Hue bridges have been working for years (and still are) without ever having this problem. Also, I added back my second HE hubs Homebridge-V2 integration when this quit working and it works perfectly.

1 Like

Well, to be fair HB is a mature product that can use undocumented calls and bypass cert restrictions. HE integration is a baby that has to be written to conform. I would also bet Hue being as big as they are, likely had access to apple themselves to assist on bug squashing their integration since they were one of the first ones to sign up on homekit several years ago. Just saying that this is gonna be in beta for a while. Hopefully with the community helping report bugs @gopher.ny can note and squash them quickly…

1 Like

It wasn’t meant as a slight to the HE integration. I just provided that to indicate that it’s unlikely a network or Home issue, but hopefully something that can be corrected on HE’s end. Victor was able to recreate the issue and is working on it, so patience will hopefully be the only requirement on our end at this point.
Something fun to try for those with the “no response” issue. Reboot the currently active Home Hub and your HE integration will work for a few minutes until another ATV or HomePod mini takes over.

1 Like

Oh I wasn’t implying you were being shitey about it lol… Just saying that it’s gonna be a bit till things are firmed up…

1 Like