No Motion Status for New Ecolink Z Wave Motion Sensor

Hi,

Need help for showing motion status. I just added a new Ecolink Z wave PIR 2.5 Motion Sensor.

However, the device details only shows battery 100% and temper state, but no motion field at all. I excluded and re-added. Still same thing. No motion reported at all.

Do I need a special driver for Ecolink motion sensor? Right now, HE automatically picked Generic Z wave Motion sensor.

Please advise.

Thanks

Try hitting the "Configure" button on the device page.

1 Like

That's the correct driver.

It doesn't work. No motion detected.

The log sees that the motion sensor sent the motion "Active" to hub, but device status doesn't show Active.

The log sees that the motion sensor sent the motion "Active" to hub, but device status doesn't show Active.

I can confirm that is the correct driver. I have a couple of them and the Generic Z-Wave Motion Sensor is the driver that I am using. Just curious.......does anything show up in the Events log on the device page?

Edit....also you do need to remember that the Ecolink has a 4 minute retrigger time. so you need to leave it alone for 4 minutes before you try to retrigger it.

1 Like

The events are very not accurate. I left the motion alone for 10 minutes, then wave my hand. Nothing happened. No events no log. On rare occasion, it would change to 'inactive'.

I then excluded this Ecolink Motion sensor and pair with Smartthings Hub, motion events are immediately and accurately recorded. I believe this is the Hubitat hub issue.

Maybe not a Hubitat hub issue but a Hubitat Z-wave mesh issue. Can you try moving the motion sensor around to other locations to see if its operation improves? You might need to add a repeater to get it to work in the location you want.

Another suggestion is to post a copy of your z-wave details page here to see if there are any issues.

3 Likes

Ok. I think you are correct. It does look like the distance issue even the motion sensor is 45 feet from the HE Hub. Do you have any recommendation a zwave outlet to be the repeater?

If you are seeing a log entry showing "Active" for this device, that would be coming from the hub. Log:

Are you also seeing the Active report on the Events tab?

But you don't see an "Motion: Active/Inactive" on the device page . . .

Very odd. Mine is pretty old - if yours is new perhaps you have different firmware.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like