[No Longer Maintained]Bambu Labs 3D Printer Integration

I know this topic surrounds Bambu but would like to see something like this for Prusa… only because I have a MK4 on order. :smiley:

1 Like

Buy me one and I'll get support added :laughing:

2 Likes

Lmao! I’ll get right on that :slight_smile:

Are the states for currentPrintingStatus the ones you listed here? Or are you feeding a different value for it?

That's the list used to populate the attribute. I just went off what I've seen in the MQTT messages up to this point.

I lied. I think I originally started doing a prescribed list, but backed that out. The driver will just pass along whatever the value is from the printer. Those are still the ones that I've seen and wanted to provide in case folks wanted to write up rules around them.

1 Like

I am leaving Hubitat so this will no longer be maintained. Existing installations will continue to function as they do today, but I will not be providing support.

Feel free to copy/re-release the code. I will be locking the GitHub repo.

5678 for spam detection.

1 Like

Is anyone here still using this and know if it will work?

Yes - I use a modified version. Bambu hasn't done anything to break it.

1 Like

I just got a P1S and was looking to hook it up to Hubitat via the drive above, but was having issues getting to full connect.

None of the commands are working and when I try and ping the printer I get this issue.

Any suggestions or does this only work for the carbon?

The "Ping" command is auto-added by one of the capabilities in the driver, but I never wrote it to do anything, so the error is expected.

Is the driver returning any data for the printer at all?

@FriedCheese2006 The only data I am getting is

however, this keeps going back and forth as well from what I am seeing in the logs. I have tried setting the fans to 100% but nothing. I have also verifed the ip and the access code are correct

Double check your access code.

let me get a new one and try it again

So I just created a new code on the printer and updated the information, but still the same log inforamtion.

I'm not really sure then. The logs look like the printer is killing the connection for some reason. The only thing I can think of would be the access code being wrong unless something else is buggered up. I would try rebooting the printer and testing again.

@FriedCheese2006 I tried it, but no luck. Thanks for the help.

Found it...it was a firmware change on the P1 series because people were crashing their printers using tools like this one:

The HACS integration for HA has an open issue where this is confirmed. They added an option for connecting to the cloud MQTT connection that Bambu Studio uses to get around the firmware limitation (the cloud connection is using an MQTT broker so it's still a single connection to the printer). Someone reported that the beta firmware for the P1 series has a fix.

So i see it says nolonger being developed is this true? Is there an alternative the is? If there is not a replacement has anyone updated it elsewhere. Looking for it to be able detect what filament it is printing so i can trigger it to turn on a few things. Like if asa or abs turn on my exhaust fan until finished.

I believe there is a HomeAssistant equivalent. Perhaps it can do what you want. The current driver is very chatty and can cause a moderately loaded hub to complain - there is nothing a driver writer can do about that. I had a C7 available after a C8 upgrade and that is where the X1C driver is now.

There is.

That's 100% dependent on the user. This driver subscribes to the topic long enough to update the attributes and goes back to sleep. How often that happens is configurable by the user.

I don't think anyone else has picked this up. What you're looking for is probably a pretty easy modification to the driver. I'll take a look and provide some details when I get a few minutes.