No communication with Zigbee Devices

The Hue outlets are my new favorite (that are currently in production) and seem to be strong repeaters.

2 Likes

My problem has been detailed in my very first post. I have no repeaters because none of my zigbee devices can be seen or readded to the hub. The radio has been reset, devices have been reset, and brand new devices have been tried. Hub states that zigbee radio is operating normally.

I took a look at your hub's engineering log and this doesn't seem to be a hardware malfunction, but rather a lack of repeaters as others pointed out. If you didn't do so already, please power cycle your hub by shutting it down from Settings, then when the LED turns red, unplug the power from the wall outlet and let it sit unplugged for 30 min before plugging it back.

2 Likes

I have done this, may I ask why the focus is on repeaters if zero zigbee devices are added and I can't add one that is less than ten feet away. I have zigbee plugs that act as repeaters but cannot reconnect them. As I have said zwave works perfectly, but the hub will not communicate with any zigbee devices at any range, multiple brands, ones that have been working for years or brand new out of the box.

Can you do it once more and let me know when done?

1 Like

So what you’re saying is that you have repeaters, but you have zero repeaters because you have zero devices connected. @bobbyD suggested powering down the hub and unplugging it for a time and then plugging it back in to restart the Zigbee radio, since a power down is the only way to accomplish this. Apologies if you have already tried this.

1 Like

So it appears that after leaving the hub alone for a week that the issue has fixed itself. So far I have been able to add 4 lights back in. Is there any information that I can provide that might be helpful to figure out why this happened. I have a back up from one week before the issue occurred saved.

After updating to the latest firmware last night the issue has returned with the exact symptoms as before. Zero response from any zigbee device, Z-Wave button controllers reported properly when buttons are pressed. The only action that I have taken so far is a reboot followed by a shutdown and unplugged it for an hour as recommended. Please help me fix this.

1 Like

Have you added any more repeaters to your mesh?