No communication with Zigbee Devices

Soft reset is different and will not affect your devices if you followed this procedure:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

Maybe there is some confusion with terminology going on? :man_shrugging:

If you DID follow the above procedure and lost all your devices (without resetting Zigbee) then I would definitely contact support.

1 Like

I did a soft reset (and lost all devices) only after did I try resetting the zigbee radio, because I am at the point of trying anything to get it working.

This will happen only if a database restore isn’t performed immediately after a soft reset. As described in the documentation.

1 Like

I guess I missed that point. Unfortunately it wouldn't have helped anyway.

And you know this because?

2 Likes

Because I was looking for a way factory reset anyway. I had already gone through every option to get a device to communicate that I was aware of. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, I am sorry if I come off that way.

1 Like

I'm sure that's not what @aaiyar meant. I can imagine your frustration given the problems you've been dealing with.

3 Likes

What’s the device? Have you confirmed its radio is functional? Does it support all zigbee channels, or more specifically, the zigbee channel your Hubitat is on?

2 Likes

There are some devices like the Konke Temp/Humidity Sensor that ONLY work on channels 15, 20, and 23. (@aaiyar gets credit for finding this!)

And apparently the newer versions of this model don't seem to pair with HE at all. :man_facepalming:

You have to be careful if using cheap devices like Tuya/Aqara or off-brand devices. For the non 3.0 stuff they should be on a separate hub as they don't play well with the other "good" Zigbee devices for some reason.

It's a total minefield out there unfortunately...

3 Likes

A lot of us have been through this at least once or twice (my case 3 times) on our HE/Home Automation journey so understand the frustration. Zigbee is the more forgiving of the 2 protocols. You can re-include a device and it will automatically find it's place.

Note: You can still restore from a backup and start re-including your devices. Any rules etc should remain intact. Only the Z-Wave devices will have to be adjusted and there are ways to handle that as well.

4 Likes

:point_up_2:This!

There are also devices that claim to be zigbee 3.0 - Aqara E1 sensors for example, but are not.

3 Likes

So I have gone 2 weeks with this issue and not a peep in response to my email to support (beyond an automated message acknowledging). Is support normally this horrid? Because I about to the point of throwing the hub in the trash and moving on.

No that isn't normal. I wonder if @bobbyD could give some insight. Maybe post your ticket number so he has a reference to go from...

4 Likes

How many repeaters do you have in your mesh?

1 Like

Case number 25960

1 Like

0 repeaters

1 Like

That may be a large part of your problem. Sengled bulbs do not repeat. Your mesh may be extremely weak and not repeating or sending messages downline. Just a thought

2 Likes

This section of the Hubitat Documentation may be helpful:

How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh

2 Likes

For Zigbee, these centralite plugs work well as repeaters on my Zigbee mesh:

You can even put two on an outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFPYV4K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

4 Likes

What I need is a way to force the zigbee radio to work properly.