No communication with Zigbee Devices

I guess I missed that point. Unfortunately it wouldn't have helped anyway.

And you know this because?

2 Likes

Because I was looking for a way factory reset anyway. I had already gone through every option to get a device to communicate that I was aware of. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, I am sorry if I come off that way.

1 Like

I'm sure that's not what @aaiyar meant. I can imagine your frustration given the problems you've been dealing with.

3 Likes

What’s the device? Have you confirmed its radio is functional? Does it support all zigbee channels, or more specifically, the zigbee channel your Hubitat is on?

2 Likes

There are some devices like the Konke Temp/Humidity Sensor that ONLY work on channels 15, 20, and 23. (@aaiyar gets credit for finding this!)

And apparently the newer versions of this model don't seem to pair with HE at all. :man_facepalming:

You have to be careful if using cheap devices like Tuya/Aqara or off-brand devices. For the non 3.0 stuff they should be on a separate hub as they don't play well with the other "good" Zigbee devices for some reason.

It's a total minefield out there unfortunately...

3 Likes

A lot of us have been through this at least once or twice (my case 3 times) on our HE/Home Automation journey so understand the frustration. Zigbee is the more forgiving of the 2 protocols. You can re-include a device and it will automatically find it's place.

Note: You can still restore from a backup and start re-including your devices. Any rules etc should remain intact. Only the Z-Wave devices will have to be adjusted and there are ways to handle that as well.

4 Likes

:point_up_2:This!

There are also devices that claim to be zigbee 3.0 - Aqara E1 sensors for example, but are not.

3 Likes

So I have gone 2 weeks with this issue and not a peep in response to my email to support (beyond an automated message acknowledging). Is support normally this horrid? Because I about to the point of throwing the hub in the trash and moving on.

No that isn't normal. I wonder if @bobbyD could give some insight. Maybe post your ticket number so he has a reference to go from...

4 Likes

How many repeaters do you have in your mesh?

1 Like

Case number 25960

1 Like

0 repeaters

1 Like

That may be a large part of your problem. Sengled bulbs do not repeat. Your mesh may be extremely weak and not repeating or sending messages downline. Just a thought

2 Likes

This section of the Hubitat Documentation may be helpful:

How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh

2 Likes

For Zigbee, these centralite plugs work well as repeaters on my Zigbee mesh:

You can even put two on an outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFPYV4K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

4 Likes

What I need is a way to force the zigbee radio to work properly.

The Hue outlets are my new favorite (that are currently in production) and seem to be strong repeaters.

2 Likes

My problem has been detailed in my very first post. I have no repeaters because none of my zigbee devices can be seen or readded to the hub. The radio has been reset, devices have been reset, and brand new devices have been tried. Hub states that zigbee radio is operating normally.

I took a look at your hub's engineering log and this doesn't seem to be a hardware malfunction, but rather a lack of repeaters as others pointed out. If you didn't do so already, please power cycle your hub by shutting it down from Settings, then when the LED turns red, unplug the power from the wall outlet and let it sit unplugged for 30 min before plugging it back.

2 Likes