No blue LED, No green LED... bad 1st experience

I have tried a different cable and power supply unit. When I say dead I mean no lights on the front and not able to find hub.

Seems a few DOA due to the USB power connector - mine too - dry jointed I expect.

Vesternet promptly sent me a replacement

5 Likes

Same power issue happens to me,..
3 weeks old,..
Had a bad feeling when i got it, looked like a DOA, but with reading the forums i could get it to work with a 2A USB adapter and a short cable. After it switched ON also the original cable and Adapter worked,.. strange.
3 weeks later all is dead,.. And no power adapter (even tried a powerbank rated for 3.5A) kicks live into it.
Support ticket is made.
3 weeks was long enough to replace nearl;y 50% of my lights and security system,.. now all is dead,.. bit frustrated,.. as I am in NL meaning sending it back and getting a new one is about 8 weeks away,..

It is not a great experience to have issues (and sure a quality problem).

But the support here and from Hubitat is great. No one likes to have issues, it's the way issues get solved that give the impression.
Yes I need to wait a while to get things working again,.. but it is not Hubitat's fault I do not live in US.

Thanks for the great support. Hope the new device will work great without issues.

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same issue. Mine worked for a couple of days and stopped after I powered it down (toggled the fuse a few times to replace several switched on the same line). It's been plugged in the same surge protector as my tv and router and they all work fine. No blue or green light comes up after it boots up.
How do I go about fixing/replacing it?

As you have no LED I assume it's not powering up.
2 things to check.
1). Is the power supply to the hub OK? Giving an output. Maybe try a different power unit/lead.
2). I know there is no LED but try <your_hub_ip_addr>:8081

2 Likes

Contact support@hubitat.com. Tagging @bobbyD.

I'd recommend first trying @bobbles suggestions.

1 Like

Thank you both. I tried different USB power options, including the one that came with the hub. Neither worked. Port 8081 is not responding and the IP is not responding to pings (I get destination host unreachable).
I'm email support.

1 Like

could be the connector on the board.. there have been known issues with them being fragile.. recommend you dont unplug from hub but from other end of cable (future warning for others).

3 Likes