No blue LED, No green LED... bad 1st experience

Thanks for responding. Because I live in Taiwan I couldn't buy direct or from Amazon. I had to buy the item from Ebay,
A private seller (who bought it from Amazon on my behalf according to the amazon return receipt that came in the amazon prime bag.) Seller isn't responding at the moment...

Any reason Taiwan is skipped from the included delivery countries?

I live in Mainland China and bought directly from Hubitat, it wasn't in the country list, but they added it very quickly when I just asked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I've messaged and asked.... fingers crossed.

Just don't try USPS, maybe it will work better for you, but I did that, it got to Beijing via Japan (I live in Shanghai, so I don't get that one... ) and there it just stopped tracking. Fedex or UPS, that's the way to go :slight_smile: With those I get it in 3-4 days... I think they won't allow USPS for China any more at least :stuck_out_tongue:

Never had trouble receiving a package using USPS but 3-4 days sounds so good.

1 Like

Lucky you, I guess it works better where you are... I've used USPS quite a bit to here as well, but I think the type of service purchased from them can vary a lot. I do like the fast deliveries, no patience...
I'd prefer teleported goods, but not yet...

haha. Likeminded people in this community. Maybe the next version of Hubitat. I'd settle for a Star Gate add-on.

3 Likes

You’ll love it here, I’ve not been here long, but it’s a great community and a fun hub!
While you’re waiting for your hub you can find lots of info here on how to get all your integrations sorted;)

I’d buy that add-on!

@bobbyD, Could you allow shipping to Taiwan please?

Thanks for reaching out. I have forwarded your inquiry to our business office for future consideration.

1 Like

"Future consideration"?
Can you make an exception for the present in the mean time??

Any update? trying to source it from other places is in the mean time and being as patient as I can..... but how did Réunion - Wikipedia make the cut?

Hi there, unfortunately is not the size of the country or the size of its population but rather the availability and reliability of the postal services. We cannot offer regular shipping to Taiwan via our store at the moment. Have you considered using a mail forwarder in the US that would be able to ship it to you? We've had a few customers who have used this option.

1 Like

That doesn't make sense at all.

I used a forwarder and my device arrived dead. Anyway.... I can tell this is a dead end.

You mean FedEx and/or UPS are unreliable to Taiwan? That would be the first... I have document s couriered there and to Mainland China using those services basically every week, nothing is ever lost with those two. USPS is another matter... To Taiwan that should be fine, though I don't use it so can't speak for it. To Mainland China it is good with certain types of services.

Slip up i bet or i'm getting trolled haha. It's top notch. USPS is the best because customs generally ignore fees. . DHL and Fedex pan handle for any custom fees 99% of the time.

I'm gonna delete this post if I can. More of an anomaly than something the community can help with.

I think it's informative for others who want the hub to countries not on the preferred list.

I’ve just decided to give up with Smartthings so bough a hubitat only to find it is completely dead on reviving the brand new v7 hub. Not a great start. Is there any way to bring it to life?

Did you contact support and get a trouble ticket started? There is only a small chance they will see it buried in this thread.

Email support@hubitat.com

In the mean time, did you try a different power cable?

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble. "Completely dead" has different meaning for different users, ranging from no power (no lights showing on the hub) to users being unable to pair devices. May I ask what issues are you currently experiencing?