New Zooz ZEN16 Multirelay

Yup!

We can add it in the next firmware update. I'll reach out to you once it's ready!

1 Like

Yes. I have a qubino flush 1d and it lets me set the type.
That would be ideal. My use case:
I have a gate with actuator. I have pir sensors on the inside of yard to unlock the gate. I also want to be able to use the trigger to turn on a light.
Also, my switch will actually trigger through rm a sequence where relay 1 is turned on for 30 seconds and then shut off and relay 2 is triggered for 30 seconds and shut off.
Also have a break beam sensor to ensure nothing is blocking gate when they are closing.

Understood! This would require some further changes in the firmware and I'll reach out to you if we can implement it in the next firmware update. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you. Got it all setup today but no driver yet so it’s not super useful just yet :frowning:

Hubitat is working on an official driver for both devices. They're usually very fast in adding new products so it shouldn't be a long wait. It's the Holidays though so we just need to be patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

I converted over from Iris when that platform shut down. One of the last things i have to integrate to HE is my Orbit 12 zone irrigation system. I've tried to keep up with the posts on the Orbit irrigation timer but while it's possible to connect my orbit as 12 individual relays...it's still a PITA...and operation manually is still a pain.
I like the option this provides for manual operation ( with a switch) and certainly the fact that there are multi zones.
just throwing it out there....but if anyone in the community wanted to build an intuitive irrigation timer ( that could work with Orbit...for those of us that have it....or for the device for anyone needing a new system) im certain the community of HE users would be grateful.
in my case - i'd need 4 of the ZEN 16s but if i didn't have the orbit already....i'd probably pop for that amount.
OR perhaps Zooz might like to consider writing the code for an HE app for irrigation. would certainly help facilitate the sale of the zen 16 devices.
And regardless.......im buying one just to play with !

Cheers
Mac

Thanks for the feedback and the idea Mac!

Do you have any existing apps in mind we could reference to or any specific requirements other than easily accessible timers?

The only app i personally used for irrigation was the one that was native to the IRIS platform...and unfortunately i don't have any screen shots of that...but what i recall that made it easy to use included:

• Ability to stack the zones up ( sequentially based on what ever order you preferred)
  • Ability to set the time for each zone discreetly ( some zones required more water than others)
  • Only had to set the start time for the 1st zone. When one zone ended - the next zone started ( unless that zone duration time was set to 0mins )
    Ability to have multiple cycles per day

Iris had 2 different iterations of the App, the original, then later a more graphical interface on a subsequent platform update. While the graphical one ( where you could see a graph of each zone and duration start times,,.etc) was easier to use, just the ability to set start time, and duration was sufficient

Im sure some of the other HE community have more examples of other apps ( roxio, Smart things..etc) hopefully others will weight in.

But i certainly appreciate the reply and consideration of how to get this more user friendly.

Regards'
Mac

1 Like

Darn. I checked two days ago and you were out of stock. Today, there is stock - but at a higher price. I guess you snooze you lose . . .

Is there any Zooz product compatible with 220 volts?

That must have been the moment when the first batch sold, it was a special introductory price for the first 100 units only. The current price is still a really good deal considering that you get 3 dry contact controls in one :slight_smile:

220 V as in the equivalent of 110 V devices for the US or just something to control a heavy duty 220 V appliance in the US?

1 Like

@gmaquezp is in Peru, where residential voltage is 220V/60 Hz. So, I'm guessing he's looking for the equiv. of 110V US devices for 220V.

S.

1 Like

I cannot take it any more. This works to slick.
What is the ETA on a right and proper driver?
Thanks.

Probably won't get an ETA being from the sounds of it Zooz isn't developing the driver. @mike.maxwell is the one to ask but this device was just released so be patient. Someone could port the ST one once it's released, sounds like that is coming within a few weeks.

I already ordered one too so looking forward to native support myself.

1 Like

Ordered, but won't be able to use them till the driver is ready . . . :frowning:

I bought 2, put one on line, wired it.
turns on all three relays with the generic zwave switch driver.
for what I intended, a proof of concept.
When I have more control, icing on the cake.
Just looking forward to that, and chomping at the bit.
As stated, could not take it any more!
Sooooo sweet.

1 Like

Nothing for 220 V then, sorry @gmarquezp!

Thanks for your patience guys, we don't have an ETA for the driver since it will part of the official release on Hubitat but we all hope it won't be too long.

The SmartThings handler should be ready around January 6th.

The driver for the Zen16 and Zen30 will be in platform 2.1.8

7 Likes

Thanks Mike.
For those of us that want to play around while we wait I set the Zen16 up as a Qubino 2 relay module and can toggle two of the three relays.

1 Like