New Zooz ZEN16 Multirelay

@agnes.zooz any update on a release date? I was hoping to get a zen30 for Christmas. I’ve been waiting for a device like this for a while!

1 Like

Have you been good this year?
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

doubtful...

1 Like

BELIEVE! They just landed so let's hope Santa delivers them as planned and you'll have it up and running by Christmas.

I'll post a link to the listing once it goes live later today...

3 Likes

Here are the links to both of the new products:

Zooz Double Switch ZEN30

Zooz MultiRelay ZEN16

We hope to have them integrated with Hubitat soon!

4 Likes

Was looking at the zen16 this morning. This would be perfect to replace may hacked together garage door solution (that I love so much).

If they ever make it to Canada I'm grabbing one.

I'm looking at the ZEN16 myself for my gas fireplace that I've been researching how to be able to control. I'll pick one up once a driver is available for official Integration.

They should pop up on Amazon.ca within the next 2 weeks :slight_smile:

We're working on it, I'll post here again once the devices are integrated!

2 Likes

Great news. I’m definitely grabbing two. One for my neighbours garage. This will look a lot better mounted than the plugs we currently use to control the garage doors.

1 Like

@agnes.zooz maybe an odd question but is it possible to reverse the controls so I can install it with the “fan” switch on top?

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this new ZEN16 Multirelay essentially a more powerful version of the Fortrezz Mimo2+ and Mimolite that are considerably more expensive? Is there anything that the Mimo2+ or Mimolite will do that the ZEN16 won't? Unless the Fortrezz devices will do something the ZEN16 won't then it's a no brainer to pickup the ZEN16 instead.

Aren’t those both just 2 contacts? Zen 16 is three contacts.

Looking at the specs here are the key differences:

1. MIMO2+ has two relays and two switch inputs. ZEN16 has three of each.
  2. MIMO2+ is an older device and is regular Z-Wave. ZEN16 is Z-Wave Plus.
  3. ZEN16 accepts USB-C power (in addition to 12/24V). MIMO2+ accepts 9-16V only.

I have been wanting to get a dry contact module for a while (though I have no real need for one :slight_smile: ). Broke down and placed an order for the ZEN16 yesterday.

3 Likes

@smr06 just what I needed to know. That confirms it for me too. I am getting a Zen16 then. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

In theory this could be possible since the front of the switch is essentially all buttons but that could be a potentially dangerous setting causing a lot of confusion if we allowed the controls to be swapped since the dimmer part has a completely different function and electrical rating than the relay. Can you let us a bit more about your particular application?

Basically I just wanted the switch to align with the physical devices I have. The relay will be controlling a device above the switch and the dimmer will be controlling a device below it. It's not a big deal, I was just wondering.

What about flipping the switch upside down, but keeping the relays the same. Then you just need button press reversed for the dimmer. Inovelli has that, but they can also disable the buttons completely. Not sure if the zooz has this capability or not.

Sorry. Maybe I explained badly. I will be putting it upside down but then the dimmer will be confusing unless I reverse that.

I took a stab at porting the smart things driver for the Zen16. Working great except, i cant toggle each relay by itself and they never created child devices. It does toggle all 3 on or off and hooking a wall switch up to the contact, was able to toggle each switch.

What i would like to see is to have the contact switch 1,2,3 as child devices so that i can trigger things off of them myself rather than to just make them turn on or off the relays. Like for instance, they can be used for 3 contact sensors, PIR, etc.

So in a nutshell, i would like to see the zooz provided driver have 6 child devices.

3 relay switches and 3 contact sensors

So essentially, you're just looking to reverse the paddle operation on the dimmer, correct?

Whenever the contact switch is tripped, it will automatically trigger the relay to open or close so you'll get that change of status in the hub. It will just be on/off only. Do I understand correctly that you'd like to use the switch terminals for analog sensor readings and decide if these inputs are read as sensors (also decide on the type of sensor)? So they would actually display as motion sensors if needed?