New Zooz ZEN16 Multirelay

Great news - order placed - thank you!

I may need to wait for a wee bit warmer weather before doing my actual install, but I am psyched - I think this will be perfect for how I'd like to set up my garage door!

1 Like

Yea! I have a Mimo2+ for a water valve application and Smartthings broke the custom DTH with all their crazy changes. Moved to Hubitat and their built in driver works the relays but I cannot get it to recognize state changes from the two sensors. They have not been responsive when I sent a request to look into it. Looking to replace the Mimo2+ with your device :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 of the sensor types can't be separated from the output even with the config set to treat them separately .. So those modes won't have separate children.. But the ones that do function separately will have separate sensor children from relay control..

4 Likes

You've peaked my interest now. From the description of the device I thought there were only two sensor types. A switched sensor (where you just short out the leads to initiate a closed sensor/contact) and one where you apply voltage (12-24v per the marketing spec) .

Mine is in transit now so hopefully it will make more sense when I can play with it a bit.

@bcopeland - When will we being seeing the driver for this device?

It's been a little while, but with @jtp10181 's help I was able to do the multi channel associations to the Zooz Zen34 push button. Have not applied this to anything real world yet.

Are you saying that there will the ability to define each relay and input as different type of child? For example, Hubduino allows you to define a relay as momentary or on/off switch, or a different type of device, such as a siren, or combined with an dry contact input as a garage door.

1 Like

I think/hope I'm sorta understanding this.

For each of the 2 "inputs", you can select one of the following "types" of inputs:

0 - Momentary
1 - Toggle Switch (toggle up/toggle down)
2 - Toggle Switch (toggles with each contact)
3 - Garage Door
4 - Leak alarm
5 - Heat alarm
6 - Motion alert
7 - Open/close alert (door sensor)
8 - CO alarm
9 - CO2 alarm
10 - On/off report (dry contact switch/sensor)

Apparently of those 10 choices, five of them are "bound" to the relay so they don't get a separate "child" device, while the other 5 will operation totally independently of the associated relay.

I'm just not sure which 5 are bound to the relay.

My guess: 0, 1, 2, 3 are tied to the relay (the instructions state that choosing 4-10 requires you to exclude/re-include the device to create the proper child device).

However, that puts my guess off by 1 from what @bcopeland said--so, maybe he can chime in and clarify.

I'm kinda interested, because that's a lot more flexible than my current Zooz MR gizmo (where the 3 inputs and relays are locked together).

2 Likes

These are tied to the relays since they're meant to be used as physical control of the connected load. I hope that helps!

1 Like

Just FYI to all watching the z17 stuff here, I started a new thread for that device here...

Cheers!

Just a screw that I added in with a washer under it to make my own standoff...and there is a good chance the screws I was using were a bit too long for this application once I added the nut on the back. This would have made the box stand too far out from the wall and I didn't want to cut my screw (I repurpose a lot of stuff, so I don't want to cut my screws).

I do not recall the precise screws I used to mount to the box, I just used what I had laying around with the wiring blocks.

Zooz items on sale until April 27th

2 Likes

I just picked up a ZEN17 and replaced the ZEN16 as a garage door opener. However, when I repurposed the ZEN16 as a landscape lighting relay, I've discovered that I can only turn ALL of the relays on or off (with the parent device controls). When I try to control a relay individually, I hear a click, but the lights don't come one.

@agnes.zooz Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Have you tried excluding the ZEN16 and re-including it in case this is a configuration issue? If it's not working correctly after that, I'd recommend getting in touch with our support since it may be a wiring issue as well.

I'll give that a try, thanks!

The exclusion/inclusion process worked. Weird though. All settings were default because I was using it as the garage opener with the provided app. Oh well, all's well that ends well!

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it all worked out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can these be used with 12vdc led lighting? I’m asking because I know most older outdoor lighting is 12vac but I want to create 3 zones of independent led lighting using these relays a 120v to 12vdc 60 amp converter. Also if I under stand the wiring diagram correctly I would wire one leg of the loop to the first post of the relay then run the second return leg and the input power to the second post. I’m sure it probably doesn’t matter which post since it’s just breaking the circuit with the relay correct?

Know you asked months ago, but answering for future searches.

I have been controlling 5 volt DC circuits on a Soda Machine. Works great.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I ordered it in and have had a bunch of other things to accomplish but it’s next on the list.