New Zooz ZEN16 Multirelay

What I would like is a 240V smart plug.

Can't find one.

Can I use this device to remotely control power on a 240V PDU that is running up to 15 amps at 240v (typically expect under 10 amps)

Sorry I missed this post for some reason! You can definitely use the Sw terminals to monitor status as long as the sensors or switches connected to Sw terminals are not powered by an external power source. There can't be any voltage applied to the Sw terminals since the device uses internal voltage to control the relays (as you suggested in point 2 of your post).

Yes, the ZEN16 is a dry contact relay so the voltage on the controlled device can be 12 V or 240 V, as long as the connected appliance is under 15 A for R1 and R2 or 20 A for R3.

Feel free to reach out to us for help with wiring or programming if needed.

Now, we just need a way to update the firmware...
@bcopeland

1 Like

soon.. Very soon

2 Likes

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling soon will align with the next hubitat firmware update...

1 Like

Good news

Using bcopeland's firmware updater [RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater, and Mike's parameter tool Super basic Z-Wave parameter tool I was able to:

• Update the ZEN16 firmware to 1.02
  • Set relay auto-off to seconds (versus default minutes)
  • Continue to use the supported driver (just ignore that it says minutes)

Very happy. Thank you Bryan and Zooz (Agnes and Karen) support (1.02 firmware and updated manual with correct parameter values)

2 Likes

Can someone direct me to where I get the latest firmware. It looks like I'm on 1.00 and would like to update to use this as a garage door opener.

1 Like

If you're asking about Zooz firmware, you need to contact their support and ask them to email it to you. They were very quick to respond to my request.

3 Likes

http://www.support.getzooz.com/new

1 Like

I was about to edit my post with that URL! :grinning:

1 Like

Their support system seems to be either overwhelmed or down? I keep getting stuck on "submitting" and it never goes any further.

Anyone else?

1 Like

They may be getting slammed with firmware requests now that there is a way to do this in HE

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting that, I was able to replicate it so hopefully, we'll address it shortly. In the meantime, feel free to send the requests to ask@getzooz.com directly!

@dman2306 and anyone else looking for a firmware update for the ZEN30 switch, the OTA file is finally available :slight_smile: Just in case the support portal isn't accepting your request, PM me with your email and we'll send you the file.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I ordered two of these devices and replaced my old sprinkler timer with them (I have 5 zones). In the end, the total solution did cost more than some of the COTS products you can get from the big box stores, but I wanted a solution where I would have completed autonomy from within my home on my Hubitat.

Parts List:

1. 2x Zooz Zen16
  2. 1x Orbit 57095 Outdoor-Mounted Controller Timer Box Cover
  3. 1x UL Listed] Chanzon 12V 2A 24W AC DC Switching Power Supply Adapter (Comes with 2 adapters)
  4. Wires

Here are some pictures:
I have a few more, but here is me wiring it up (The block in the top wasn't used in the end. The way I was going to wire it from the plan versus what I ended up with were different

Put together.

I have configured each zone individually to turn on, and not in a single schedule (so I can disable each zone individually if I need to without having to edit the schedule). Because of this, there is the potential issue of two zones being on at the same time if I mess up a schedule. Due to this, I created a trigger for each zone that will disable all others that may be running once a sprinkler turns on.

The next step is to install these: [APIELE[3 year warranty] 16mm Momentary Push Button Switch On Off Stainless Steel with 12V LED Angel Eye Head for 16 0.63" Mounting Hole with Wire Socket Plug Self-reset (White)

I want one per zone so I can manually turn on each zone at the box and not have to use an app.

2 Likes

Very Slick!

Does anyone know how to get this device in Canada? @agnes.zooz?

Amazon has it.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0846DZJD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eBwQEbDM8SNW6

1 Like

Thanks Gavin, not sure how I missed that!!

Cheers!

2 Likes