NEW Zigbee Blue Series Smart 2-1 Switch Inovelli

This is the best looking and most capable Zigbee switch that I have seen. I am excited that Zigbee is finally getting these types of switches; not just Z-wave. I will definitely buy a pack of 10 and try them out in a whole home situation when I find a customer who does not want HomeKit/Lutron.

Is Hubitat going not have a driver out of the box?

2 Likes

It looks like Inovelli needs to polish their product descriptions a little bit more.

2 Likes

That is funny.

I have 10 on pre-order, the documentation seems to indicate they have a Hubitat driver for them. I'm looking forward to getting them in September hopefully.

2 Likes

I can see using these over Lutron Caseta or RA2. They look much better and I can use the lights for security and other things?

1 Like

With a little creativity, the switch is like a mini control center. I have a red series dimmer controlling 2 different lights and an air conditioner, with a special LED pattern on that same switch, if the front door opens when we're outback.

1 Like

That sounds great.

I’ve been one of the beta testers for the switch and really, really like it. The beta unit that I have been testing is super solid. Of all my switches, it is bar far my favorite.

The LED light strip on the side has LEDs that can either be controlled as a unit (to do one of a series of pre-programmed patterns) or each LED can be controlled individually. It provides quite a few possibilities!

4 Likes

Oh, great, just great, keep talking up the switch. Here I go preorder #3. My wallet says you guys are killing him :wink:

7 Likes

Ha, yep, I have 9 coming across 3 different pre-orders... I shoulda just got the 10-pack - then I'd have an extra for same price. But as with HA and all things in life, hindsight is 20/20 - so it goes. Excited to get my grubby lil' hands on them though!

4 Likes

@hydro311, have you considered asking Courtney or Eric if you could switch your order from 9 to a 10 pack?

3 Likes

@Sebastien -- that's not a bad idea, thanks! I hadn't considered it... I'll contact them after I dig out from under a work project this week. Cheers!

3 Likes

It is nice to hear from someone who used the switches.

2 Likes

I know how you feel but we can not stop ourselves :nerd_face:

2 Likes

You guys just encouraged me to preorder the 10pk. Love the design, both visually and logicly! Love the program LED, paddle, and Zigbee 3.0. Thanks

2 Likes

Yep, I'm really excited for these... The notification-capable LED bar is going to be awesome, and I've been going w/ Zigbee stuff (vs z-wave) more & more lately -- it's just less of a headache overall for me.

I'll still keep Caseta for some stuff and areas that are fully automated (where we never actually touch the switch), but I've never loved the Caseta switch aesthetics -- I know rumor is they're bringing Diva style to Caseta, but still I'll take Blue over that any day for switches that actually get touched (edit - that last preference based on the led-bar availability w/ Blue, since a rocker's a rocker either way)

1 Like

Wow if Lutron did that - would be huge... No "toggle" style so it would be a no go for me anyway.

1 Like

I do agree that the look and feel of Caseta is not that nice. Customers do seem to accept it but I do not sense excitement. The RA2 product is only slightly better. They do have HomeKit (people love that) and they are rock solid.

I do find that my Zigbee installations are pretty rock solid as well so I am very excited about this switch. It is very futuristic and simple to use. Hubitat with Zigbee is really reliable.

4 Likes

It definitely sounds like it's happening -- on the Lutron sub-reddit, there's a a post about the FCC filing and Home Depot even mistakenly had it on their site recently -- someone grabbed screenshots before HD took it down, so Lutron must be getting close to release.

2 Likes

Diva style to Caseta is something that will be very exciting; if it is true.

1 Like