New Xiaomi Aqara Relay 2 channel

Hello @njanda, thanks for the link, I'll check it!

@SmartHomePrimer, could you give me some more infos or share me some details about which coil relays to use and to wire? :slight_smile: Only to be sure!
(I know, we've to be careful about the voltage in use. Btw here I'm on 220V, means I should use a bigger coil relay?)

Thanks a lot!

Doesn’t have to be big, just rated for 220v ac.

1 Like

@xefil The coil needs to match the mains input I’m using 120v coils, because that’s my mains voltage here. I wrote 110v before because I assumed you were in the US and it confuses people sometimes if you write 120v, which is my actual input voltage here Canada. Some of us Americans think the world runs on 110 and 220v @60Hz :grimacing: We also think everywhere uses ZIP codes, when in fact, it is ONLY the US that uses them :crazy_face:

Hi, ok, I need 220V coils for my setup (italy). btw what about the wiring? :slight_smile:
Thank you!

1 Like

Can you explain what you mean by “about the wiring”?

I mean how to connect it :slight_smile: taking a relay as example.

1 Like

[Post revised November 7, 2019]

1 Like

You might be able to find something locally that will be smaller and more suitable to the particular application you have in mind. You'll be looking for something similar to this...

Outside of Italy, you may only find larger relays like this one online. They tend to get really big when they are 220~240v coils, becuase our typical North American applications to 220~240v involve motors with a large current draw. It took me some time just to find the sort of small 120v coil relays I used. Smaller is available, but the Omron I ordered are easier to work with because I can attached connectors to the terminals and they have tabs that allow me to secure them to something. This is what I bought, but obviously, it's the wrong relay for you because the coil is rate to my local voltage.

Hi, I have a problem connecting xiaomi relay with the ir switch, please help if it can be connected.
this is the switch, the switch needs power and it puts electricity on the bulb

It would make no sense to connect this IR switch to a Xiaomi relay. What is it you are trying to accomplish?

why does not make sense? the motion sensor controls the light, but I can always turn on/off the light manually. Unfortunately, when I tried to connect I burned the led power supply and xiaomi relay :cry:

And after that it still doesn’t make sense? The IR device was a relay itself and needed a constant supply power. Power cycling one for the other would and sounds like it did, fry them.

Anyone know whether you could use one of these to control your garage door opening? I currently use a Sonoff 4ch which is great except that there is no device handler to get it working in Hubitat without doing firmware upgrades etc and I'm shying away from that atm.

See my post here and the one following it. These give mains voltages across their contacts, so if you’re not closing contacts to send mains voltages to a device, you need to add an extra relay or you will fry your garage door opener circuit.

But once isolated with a second relay, it’s fine for no voltage, or any voltage the attached relay is rated for. I arm and disarm my alarm system with one of these Xiaomi relays, and it never misses a beat.

1 Like

I, like other users, have experienced the relay not responding correctly when utilized with2 hardware wall toggle switches. It seems activating any ONE of the switches, activates BOTH circuits.
However when utilizing zigbee the channels do act independently

I need the wireing diagram for setting up a 2 way switch on the aqara relay. any help on the same would be appreciated.

1 Like

You mean a 3-way (two switches)?

You can find it in this post

Why doesn't connect the external relay to 'N' and 'L1' but 'In' and 'L1‘?

I know this is dragging up an old thread but I am just researching this device and I think @edenyuanyd is correct in their post above.

The diagram above has live to both terminals of the external relay, one permanent live from the "In" (which is bridged to live), and one switched live from "L1". The external relay would never operate. The external relay coil needs to connect to the "N" terminal and the "L1" or "L2" as below.

Aqara%20Dual%20Relay%20Diagram2

1 Like

Thanks. You are correct and I was contacted via PM, updated that image, but forgot to correct the post with the new image. Appreciate you point out my second error :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[Edit] Post #76 is now revised with the correct wiring schematic.

1 Like