New Xiaomi Aqara Relay 2 channel

Hi guys,

Sorry for my ignorance but i'm a true beginner.
I bought this Xiaomi relay to control my VMC. I've access to the VMC N and L that are going to my main electric pannel.
I have a hard time to understand how to connect my VMC 2 cables to this relay.

Should I connect the electric pannel N to N and L to IN
And the VMC N to N and L to L1 ?

thanks a lot

I don’t know what a VMC is, but the official schematics are in this post.

The schematics are also in the manual and everywhere but I don't understand them.
Thanks

Sorry if this sounds rude, it isn't meant to be, but if you don't understand the schematics, you perhaps shouldn't be messing with mains voltage wiring.

If you get it wrong it can be very dangerous, so maybe best to contact an electrician if you're unsure.

1 Like

Thanks for your help

@Rxich, @AndyBurns, and anyone else who had troubles with physical switches (switch controls more than 1 output)...

I decided to revisit this device, because it's a perfect fit for my purposes, and noticed the same behavior you guys experienced. Looked into it, and... well, it's completely my fault. :frowning:

I fixed the driver, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hopefully @markus will support this device in his awesome new driver set, and no one will be dependent on my poorly maintained drivers... :wink:

4 Likes

That's great, I haven't got round to buying the more expensive four channel relay I mentioned, so if anyone else confirms it working I might buy another couple of these ...

guyeeba, no worries. I am greatfull that i got to use the relay, at all. Without your driver, that never would have happened.

I'll check out the new driver and...
Thank You !

1 Like

@guyeeba, Awesome, now independently controllable via HE as well as physical switches.

Thanks a tonne for your efforts.

Pugazhendhi M

2 Likes

Thank you @guyeeba !!
I think this is what I was looking for. I will test it the next days and report back.

1 Like

Anybody?

Perfect. In my testing ,Peter has fixed the accidental dual activation, where turning on 1 physical switch activates both switches, which are attached to my aqara dual relay.
In my case, The aqara dual relay , with dumb physical switches now properly function, independently I can activate 1 switch without the other also turning on.
Great job @guyeeba, much appreciated

3 Likes

New problem observed. Now EP2 is not working on the local control. But HE control works perfectly. I have suspected the recent platform update and even rolled back to 2.2.0.132 . But unable to restore the old behavior.

Unsupported tag in Xiaomi Report msg: dataTag = 0x9b, type = 0x21, length = 2 bytes, payload = 0000

I am seeing the above error in the debug logs. But I am not sure this is related to the issue.

Do others also seeing the same behavior ?

Thanks and regards,
Pugazhendhi M

Tagging @markus - is this one of your drivers? On my phone, so I’m unable to search effectively.

2 Likes

No, I have not finished my drivers for these yet, not a lot of time lately, this is a driver from @guyeeba.

2 Likes

Hello @gzisimatos, did you manage to make Aqara Relay work fine with two switches 3Way and one 4way in the middle? If I put my original non smart led lamp, it works fine, but the switch port in Aqara relay miss most hits in the middle switch (4way) and some on 3way...

Hi @alexspires , I haven't tested the new driver (that swithes with 1 command the state for both lines) but you should know that in my setup I didn't use S1 or S2 at all (their behaviour was weird when used).
So If I understood well , instead of keeping your existing wiring 3way-4way-3way and put in the middle aqara (which doesn't behave properly) change the initial 3-way with a 4-way and attach aqara L1 and L2 to it (aqara-4way-4way-3way-light) as in the picture in my previous post. Sorry if my help is not enough.
IMHO it is the combination of interlock-driver that makes S1 and S2 seem useless.

Hello guys, I need help as I just burned forth aqara relay. :slight_smile:
I connected it just like it was explained previously in this tread.. And when I connect switch, relay die... Only diference is that I have somfy engines for external shades instead of lights. But still everything works untill I connect switch.
I need advice how to connect wires correctly and if there is possibility to fix relays, buy some part and replace it?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Can you post the sketch how did you connected?

I fear, replacing the relay wont be an option as these pcb's are not DIY friendly, unless you have exceptional soldering skills and tools.

Normally, these are not supporting inductive loads optimally. They are designed for the resistive loads. Aeotec is having devices for connecting inductive loads.

Hi all! I'm new here and I have the same problem than @milan_milunovic I have burned/kill three aqara relay. But I have other three working.
The first burned I don't know why when installing, I replaced by another using exactly the same wires and it worked.
The other two that I kill/burned I tried to do a slightly different connection because I don't have access to all the wires from the schema, but I installed thinking that it will be the same.
I don't know too much about electricity/electronics, so if I'm wrong please tell me:

• If the L and IN are joined internally in the relay, they are all the L line, so the schema from Aqara will be the same than this other from a Shelly 2.5:
    photos.app.goo.gl/L3jz9ppXb8z6JDp19
    the big difference is that only one of the switches ends are connected to the relay, the other is connected directly to L. This makes it easy to use in my installation but is clear that something is wrong because I burned two of them when acting over the physical switch. Someone can explain?

• Now my second question: I have opened it, is there some "easy" piece that I can replace to make it working again or the damage has been too big and they must go to the trash?
    photos.app.goo.gl/wnAuji2fibAZKwde9
    photos.app.goo.gl/jjUSGJkV3hcXTe8fA
    I have experience soldering, but I don't know too much about electronics...

Thanks again for your time!! I don't want to burn more, and I don't want to use a wifi relay like the Shelly one, I think zigbee are more stable, at least in my case.

Sorry for the links, I tried to put the images directly but I don't have permission to do that, and neither to add links.