Not sure if i am adding this in the correct place but i need some help and cannot find it online.
I have had my hubitat hub for a bout a month and i can access it all ok without any issues but not added anything to it yet until today.
I purchased a zigbee smart switch (moesgo) Tuya and wired it up successfully and it is working fine manually turning the lights on and off.
This light switch came in the box just the light switch nothing else no zigbee hub etc... as i assumed i can pair with the habitat direct?
The problem is when i pair from the hubitat it doesnt pick it up, and there is no button on the light switch at all, just the 3 way press to turn lights on etc..
So my questions are
- Should this be able to pair direct with the hubitiat hub? or do i need to buy another zigbee hub first?
- If i can connect direct why is it not working? what are the common issues? the light switch is just the otherside of the wall to where the hubitiat is, i assume if can work through walls?
- I dont think putting the hubitat closer will do anything and wanted to know before i go that?
- Do i need to connect to the smart life app first? or can i use without that?
- THe smart life app says it needs same wifi to pair in the instructions before it switches to zigbee, but obviously the zigbee light switch doesnt have any wifi or reset buttons etc..?
Would be really good to get some answers to these questions so i can get hubitiat working with this well.
Much appreciate responses